At the moment there is a lot to dislike about the Torch!!
    For you perhaps..for a lot of people there is lots to love. I'll give you slider wobble..if its bad then any carrier will exchange it usually with no questions asked. As for the lock button..there are apps to fix this..as well as holsters. Should it have to be "fixed"? Probably not..but it might be a software issue which gets addressed. And as for battery life..while there are some bum batteries out there..a lot of it can be corrected using many of the tips found in this very forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-10 10:24 PM
    I got my first BB in 2003. It was a 6230 and was blue. I remember thinking they should have been called blueberries. I have had 5 devices since and received my new Torch a week ago. It is absolutely the best BB device created to date. After 7 days, I got back on my old Curve and I'd already lost any desire to use it and mostly forgotten how. I can already type almost as fast as before, but I have to say the virtual keyboard is mostly useless to me because my fingers are simply to fat to use it. I have only a small bit of wobble, but it's not noticeable while typing and the lock bar is overly sensitive. Everything else is stellar.
    Last edited by chili7; 11-13-10 at 11:08 PM.
    11-13-10 11:05 PM
    a "tiny bit of wobble" when the phone is closed and you have to use a "tiny" bit of force to get the top part to move side to side like a mm or 2, is normal, they have to have a very small amount of slack, LG Rumor does this too. When my KB is out however there is no "wobble" at all.
    Last edited by ShadowFlame; 11-13-10 at 11:34 PM.
    11-13-10 11:32 PM
    Yes..I suppose it is..much like charging Android batteries apparently..

From the Android Forums...

"Someone should probaly explain bump charging in detail, but here's how to do it.

Charge your Incredible to max (green light).

Unplug the phone and then turn it off.

Plug it back in (should have an orange light now) and charge it to max again.

Unplug the phone and turn it on. Wait for it to boot up.

Turn the phone off and then plug it back in (should be an orange light again).

Charge it to full (green light) again.

Repeat this process until the light is green immediately upon plugging it back in."

I shouldn't respond to this obvious bait, but I have never, ever, EVER bump charged my battery on Android. Didn't need to - have excellent battery life, better than my Storm.
    11-14-10 12:19 PM
    I shouldn't respond to this obvious bait, but I have never, ever, EVER bump charged my battery on Android. Didn't need to - have excellent battery life, better than my Storm.
    You may not have..as I'm sure lots of other Android user's have never had to either..but it is definately THE hot topic on adroid forums and seemingly one of the most relavent to all the various models. Don't get me wrong..I do like android..and will most likely own one at some point. I just used this quote for a humerous comparison as to "inneffeciencies" amongst various platforms. BB has plenty..as does every phone make/model.
    11-14-10 12:25 PM
    After wrestling the thought around for a few days, I've decided I may sell the torch and pick up the captivate this december. Or I may keep the torch and use my holiday bonus to buy the captivate. Like I said before, the phone is a great blackberry, but it does not fit my lifestyle and I hope the captivate fills the void I have using the torch.

Reasons why I'm unhappy with the torch are, the screen, streaming video, and in part the redering of images and web pages when pinch zooming. I do not care about battery life, and can root the droid to underclock it to save battery when I need it. I'm sure some may try to convince me why blackberry is better, and I will agree on most of what you are saying! The torch is excellent, but not what I want right now.

11-14-10 04:16 PM
    Overall, I'm very satisfied with the Torch. Only a few negative issues, at least for me anyway.

1) SMS bug.

2) New alerts and tones suck. (But have I have loaded the older ones so that is no longer an issue.

3) The virtual keyboed kicks my arse every time I type on it. I am always fat fingering the keys and have no speed or accuaracy. I have tried to ues it exclusivly to improve. After a month or so...I still can't type worth a crap on it, but I still try.
    11-14-10 04:32 PM
    You may not have..as I'm sure lots of other Android user's have never had to either..but it is definately THE hot topic on adroid forums and seemingly one of the most relavent to all the various models. Don't get me wrong..I do like android..and will most likely own one at some point. I just used this quote for a humerous comparison as to "inneffeciencies" amongst various platforms. BB has plenty..as does every phone make/model.
    I am on campus over 25 miles away two days a week for 10+ hours, and I would always be screwed if I forgot the charging cable for my Android phone. I had every setting the lowest, auto WiFi and GPS off, etc (all defeating the purpose of having a smartphone) and the most I could get was 8 hours with no phone use and minimal browser. It was the deciding factor that drove me back to BB even though I had to have the large screen. Luckily the Torch works with TMo, although the wobble definitely makes it feel a little less than top quality.

My only complaints are the wobble and sometimes the call quality leaves a little to be desired, but at least I can actually talk on my Torch without draining the battery down in 10 minutes. I can heavily use my Torch while on campus and still have 30-40% left when I get home at night.

I am also less than impressed with the camera quality; my Android was the same MP and it was fabulous, my Torch is very grainy no matter how much I change the settings, but there's an easy fix: I always have my Powershot with me for pictures.

Overall it's a balance of pros and cons, and BB was the best fit for me and my needs. That obviously won't be the case for everyone.
    11-14-10 04:37 PM
    After wrestling the thought around for a few days, I've decided I may sell the torch and pick up the captivate this december. Or I may keep the torch and use my holiday bonus to buy the captivate. Like I said before, the phone is a great blackberry, but it does not fit my lifestyle and I hope the captivate fills the void I have using the torch.

Reasons why I'm unhappy with the torch are, the screen, streaming video, and in part the redering of images and web pages when pinch zooming. I do not care about battery life, and can root the droid to underclock it to save battery when I need it. I'm sure some may try to convince me why blackberry is better, and I will agree on most of what you are saying! The torch is excellent, but not what I want right now.

If those are your main priorities for your phone I would completely agree with you on your choice of switching to a Captivate. The Torch can't compete in those areas. For me and my job (wine sales), the Torch is the perfect phone and I appreciate it more everyday. My thing is email and text with the ability to look something up on the internet if needed.
    11-16-10 08:05 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD