I'm in need of some blackberry love. With all these new OS7 devices and now Iphone 5 coming out, I'm in need of some TLC.
    I have the blackberry 9800 and its doing its job very, very well. Full browsing, emailing, texting and LED awesomenesssss!
    Who's with me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Bob31464 likes this.
    10-03-11 07:18 PM
    I like mine...it's actually in the repair shop right now- shockingly, the very first blackberry I've sent for repairs vs. getting a new one

I thought I hated the Torch- I got it when it first was released, and must have had a buggy unit. Got rid of it, got a 9780 and was deliriously happy with it for awhile (and still think it's a great phone)...but I missed the larger icons, having a touch screen, and the media/navigation capabilities (on a larger, more interactive screen) and ended up going back. When I got another Torch, the issues I'd had with the first release phone weren't there, and I am very happy with it now...or will be, when it's back from repairs.
    10-03-11 07:39 PM
    I use two 9800s and they have pretty much replaced my computer. Aside for some Flash and programming that I do on a laptop, I use one 9800 with no SIM to watch YouTube or play some music, and use the other one connected to a carrier to browse, email, IM, etc.
    10-03-11 07:40 PM
    I'm very happy with mine - it does everything I need. But if I was getting a new one I'd get the 9810 simply for AT&T's 4G (sorta!) speed. The other changes from the 9800 are nice, but not critical to me.
    10-04-11 08:59 AM
    Used to love my Torch but now I really like it and want to upgrade to either 9810 or wait for the BBX phone coming next year.
    10-04-11 09:03 AM
    I like mine...this is my 3rd kick at the can on a 9800. Didn't like it at first, 2nd one bought used and broke it but RIM replaced it for free and I'm liking it. I also use an iP4 and can seamlessly switch back and forth including data plans, so when I get bored with one I swap for the other for awhile. Frankly no interest in the recent incremental OS7 phones, kind of interested in the BBX stuff though.

FYI no interest at all in the new iP5 (or 4S or whatever they wanna call it).
    10-04-11 09:20 AM
    Unless I can speed up my web browser, I will have switch to one of the newer OS7 devices.
    Everything else is working flawless, but it is crawling when attempting to browse (even full bars in 3G)
    Don't even want to talk about browsing on the PB when the 2 are bridged.
    10-04-11 09:20 PM
    I'm pretty satisfied with my Torch.

10-04-11 11:27 PM
    Loving my Torch. Have an Atrix for work, but I if I had the choice, even with Atrix being a much higher spec phone, I always pick up the Torch first before walking out the door.

The integration of everything is nicely done, which makes it highly functional as opposed to a phone with "apps".

I don't plan on upgrading to a OS 7 device, but wait for the generation of BBX phones.
    10-05-11 06:24 AM
    Absolutely loved my 9800(although the constant sliding gets old after a while), so much in fact that I upgraded to the 9810 and love it even more. Faster browser, better screen resolution, faster processor(means very little spinning clock action), and the swiping between panes(tabs) or anything for that matter is very fluid and fast compared to the 9800.
    djmm2 likes this.
    10-05-11 06:56 AM
    until the os 7 get a lot more update (to fix some weird problem) the 9800 is doing a very good job, I can't switch to a buggy os yet because my phone is critical for my work. Maybe next year I will upgrade when bug have been hunted down.
    10-05-11 07:53 AM
    I agree.. Still love my torch even tho OS7 phones are here and iphone improving but still not enough for me to jump to an OS7 device.. My torch still gets things done and I love having a keyboard and big screen to navigate.. Missing a couple things but that's something I can wait for when the qnx blackberrys come out

Lyls likes this.
    10-05-11 11:07 AM
    I really like my Torch 9800. Works just fine. Yeah, the browser could be faster. My niece just got the 9860 and I noticed the browsing is way faster on it. I thought I might go out and get the new model but have kinda decided to wait for the the new QNX superphones next year. By then, my Torch contract will be eligible for renewal. Grrr.... but I want a new one today!!!
    Lyls likes this.
    10-05-11 01:57 PM
    i hate my 9800...worst phone I've ever owned...

you asked
    10-06-11 12:31 AM
    At this point if the Torch does not support proxy server for WIFI, then it's going back!!!!
    10-06-11 01:30 PM
    i hate my 9800...worst phone I've ever owned...

you asked
    Guess you were never 'lucky' enough to try out the Storm!
    10-06-11 01:44 PM
    Luveee my white torch ! Considering that the 9810 almost looks identical and from what I've been told the usable memory for apps and themes is less on the 9810 than on the 9800 I'm pretty happy to think that all I'm really missing out on is a little bit more speed. And...I also love my themes and with TB7 not out yet I'm really not missing anything
    10-06-11 03:02 PM
    I really love my 9800. It pretty much does whatever I bought the phone for, and then some. Sure the software on it when I first got it was twitchy, but after an couple of upgrades, it's been a really decent. I've also been appreciative of it as of late. Awhile ago, a disaster struck my home (in the form of a pitbull pup, mind you), and the cable to my bb charger was chewed up, not to mention the battery was drained, and i was strapped for cash. So I had a 8700c, I call Old Trusty because it's just old workhorse, and I switched my sim to it. WOW! Talk about a Day & Night difference! That's when I realized that I relied heavily on my 9800.

I'm not sure about upgrading to 9810. I'm kinda wanting to hold out on that till later on when the BBX phones come out. The 9800, for now, suits me just fine.
    10-06-11 03:30 PM
    Awesome to hear all those great stories. The torch is definetely a great phone. Love the way you can go from physical to a quick tap keyboard. The big screen is great also. Battery life is very reliable.
    Cool phone.

10-06-11 06:30 PM
    I love my Torch! I've had it since Jan. of this year and I've never had an issue with it. I'll probably get the 9810, but that'll be at least May, so I may see what the new line-up brings. My wife and daughter both have Android phones and after playing around on them I've decided to stay with BB. I really like the way it works and my 9800 just makes it better!
    10-06-11 11:16 PM
    I love my 9800 for its touchscreen web browsing awesomeness. I bought it unlocked to use with T-Mobile. UMA and everything works great. Still, I'm agonizing over whether to spend my upgrade on the "4G" 9810 when it hits T-Mo in November.
    10-07-11 09:44 PM
    I love my 9800 for its touchscreen web browsing awesomeness. I bought it unlocked to use with T-Mobile. UMA and everything works great. Still, I'm agonizing over whether to spend my upgrade on the "4G" 9810 when it hits T-Mo in November.
    How'd you get TMO's UMA on your 9800?

10-07-11 09:55 PM
    How'd you get TMO's UMA on your 9800?

By doing what this sticky says:http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ctions-513408/
    10-07-11 11:03 PM
    I love my 9800. I does absolutely everything I want it to, and then some more.

The combination of a huge screen, touch, type and BB6 is just perfect for me.
    10-07-11 11:35 PM
    Still good to see more and more ppl still loving their torch cause I know I do still.. But seeing pictures of a white 9900 hmmm wanna get one but still loving my torch and will use it as a secondary phone if anything

10-10-11 04:32 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD