Does it slow it down at all? Best place to get one for best price?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-11 11:09 AM
    I wouldn't think a 32gig card would have any effect on the speed of your device. You card is for data storage; everything that runs a program is stored on the device proper, if my thinking is correct. With that being said, if you get one, make sure it is a good quality one. San disk makes a good one and if you do a google search, you will find places online that are quite reasonable. Stay away from off brands because there are plenty of threads on this forum where people have had problems with "lower" quality cards working properly.
    02-22-11 11:14 AM
    one would think it would be slower when the phone is accessing the card

i know there is some lag on my 8gig when its loading up my music
    02-22-11 12:04 PM
    Beware of purchasing microSD cards on eBay. Many of the cards sold there are fakes. If the price looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Vendors such as Tiger Direct and NewEgg are good sources.
    02-22-11 12:12 PM
    I possess a 32GB SanDisk microSDHC card in my Torch and it works perfectly as well as quickly. I purchased the memory card from an authorised SanDisk retailer. It is definitely worth the extra duckets to get ensure a new memory card is authentic as Laura has stated above. It is also worth noting that the class and, to an extent, the brand determine the speed at which the card is accessed by your device. The storage capacity has no effect in this regard...
    02-22-11 12:33 PM
    The class will have no noticeable effect on speed when used with the BlackBerry. You will only notice a speed difference with data transfer to and from your PC. http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/me...matter-580500/
    02-22-11 12:43 PM
    The class will have no noticeable effect on speed when used with the BlackBerry. You will only notice a speed difference with data transfer to and from your PC. http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/me...matter-580500/

02-22-11 12:47 PM
    My LEXAR 32GB class 10 is incredible fast!!!!

02-22-11 12:48 PM
    You will also notice it loads things (like images in picture viewer) on the card slowly the first time as it caches everything. Same for any size card and it depends on how much data is on the card.
    After it caches, it's fast to read and has no noticeable effect on the process speed.
    02-22-11 12:59 PM
    You will also notice it loads things (like images in picture viewer) on the card slowly the first time as it caches everything. Same for any size card and it depends on how much data is on the card.
    After it caches, it's fast to read and has no noticeable effect on the process speed.
    +1 This is what I was trying to say.
    02-22-11 01:12 PM
    Laura is completely correct in this regard. I should have been more specific in my reply...

Hypothetically, IF you were to notice a difference between the speed of two microSD cards (e.g. when watching a high-quality video or saving a very large file), then it would be a result of one memory card possessing a higher class rating or brand quality. Any noticable speed difference would be negligible in this regard but, as Laura has stated, a higher class rating will yield faster data transfers to and from your PC...
    Last edited by ligh7ning; 02-22-11 at 01:14 PM.
    02-22-11 01:12 PM
    Thanks guys. I want to maximize the enjoyment of my Torch. How much is a good 32gig card go for?

02-22-11 01:52 PM
    Thanks guys. I want to maximize the enjoyment of my Torch. How much is a good 32gig card go for?

They are around $85 from TigerDirect and NewEgg.
    02-22-11 01:56 PM
    Amazon also carries Sandisk 32GB cards. Got mine just before launch day.
    02-22-11 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD