I just got my torch today, so I'm still new to it. I downloaded a theme for it, passed it onto my torch with the USB cable. How do I find it?? :/
    07-24-11 12:20 PM
    I would suggest you spend some time reading the user guide *BEFORE* you start messing around and changing things. You'll better understand the features, how to find them and how to use them.

You need to Install a theme, then activate it. Covered very well in the docs.

Good luck.
    07-24-11 01:35 PM
    On your homescreen press the BB button and choose "Options", from there you can scroll to the bottom and if you installed the theme correctly, you should see it in there.
    07-24-11 04:52 PM
    Actually, it's in Options -> Display -> Screen Display, scroll to the bottom.

homer1475 described how to change theme options, but that wont change your theme.
    07-25-11 05:02 PM
    Thanks everyone. Turns out, some of the themes I downloaded didn't work, I guess. The others show up in the themes option though.

07-27-11 04:08 PM
    Easiest way to download themes is to download them from your actual BlackBerry browser. I usually browse themes I'm interested in on my Torch and download right there on my Torch, easiest way to get it on your device, IMO.
    07-27-11 07:09 PM
    Easiest way to download themes is to download them from your actual BlackBerry browser. I usually browse themes I'm interested in on my Torch and download right there on my Torch, easiest way to get it on your device, IMO.
    Definitely, I hate it if I can't get something OTA (Over The Air).

On your homescreen press the BB button and choose "Options", from there you can scroll to the bottom and if you installed the theme correctly, you should see it in there.
    homer1475 described how to change theme options, but that wont change your theme.
    Easiest is as Homer described, which open the Home Screen Preferences page and that does allow you to swap themes.

However, there is a bug in many recent OS versions that blocks the Home Screen Preferences page from opening if you're already using a 3rd party theme. You can resolve this by (a) switching to the stock BB6 theme first, or (b) going through the Options app.

Actually, it's in Options -> Display -> Screen Display, scroll to the bottom.
    Nothing wrong with that, but there's no need to remember where to find things with OS6.
    Open the Options app, and start typing "theme." By the time you've typed "the" you'll have the Screen Display option right there. Then scroll down as chrispipe said.
    07-27-11 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD