If you use DM6 'wizard' to update the device OS, where does it store the device backup file that it creates? Different than a manual backup location?

thanks
    04-17-11 04:45 PM
    When the automatic backup starts, you can specify the location of the backup and other settings. Mine backs up to Owner > Documents > BlackBerry > Backup. Yours may be different. You can find the backup by searching for files of type IPD.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized I misread your post. But searching for files of type IPD will still work.
    Last edited by JeffH; 04-17-11 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Updated after re-reading original post.
    pmccartney likes this.
    04-17-11 05:27 PM
    If you are talking about just using the Loader.exe and when the back up it creates when you haven't wiped your device before updating the OS. Those back ups go to My Documents.
    04-17-11 05:30 PM
    When the automatic backup starts, you can specify the location of the backup and other settings. Mine backs up to Owner > Documents > BlackBerry > Backup. Yours may be different. You can find the backup by searching for files of type IPD.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized I misread your post. But searching for files of type IPD will still work.
    Thanks...why I didn't think of that, I don't know.
    Anyway, I found the file. The wizard just put it in c:\My Docs. I have my manual backups go to a HD partition so I had mentally pre-programmed my self to always look there.

This will be the last time I ever use DM to update a device. It crashed following the 'auto' backup so I just used BBSAK/Loader like I always have.
    04-17-11 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD