I got my Torch in early Dec. Yesterday I went to look for an email in my bb email acct that i sent myself in mid Dec only to find that all txts and emails only go back to Dec 28.

I have plenty of memory left. Does the Torch automatically delete 'old' txts and emails? Is there someplace else on my phone where it might have moved them?
    02-01-11 10:45 AM
    unless you changed it, by default it only keeps your messages for 30 days.

in your INBOX, go to OPTIONS
    MESSAGE DISPLAY ACTIONS
    DAYS TO KEEP MESSAGES

from there you can choose from 15 all the way up to forever.
    frogpants likes this.
    02-01-11 11:26 AM
    The old messages will be in a backup, assuming you made one. If you didn't back them up, they aren't recoverable.
    frogpants likes this.
    02-01-11 11:29 AM
    unless you changed it, by default it only keeps your messages for 30 days.

in your INBOX, go to OPTIONS
    MESSAGE DISPLAY ACTIONS
    DAYS TO KEEP MESSAGES

from there you can choose from 15 all the way up to forever.
    Thank you! I would have never found that. Was surprised to see that I hadn't scrolled all the way to the bottom on that screen.
    02-01-11 11:59 AM
    The old messages will be in a backup, assuming you made one. If you didn't back them up, they aren't recoverable.
    I guess I've lost the txts forever but there wasn't anything there worth worrying aobut. The emails were ones I sent to myself from my laptop so I'm ok there.

I have looked thru everything on my phone. How do I create a backup? And on that subject, why do I need one?
    02-01-11 12:06 PM
    You create a backup through your BB Desktop manager. Down Load BlackBerry Desktop Manager first on your computer/laptop. Then you can connect your BB to it and make a backup of all emails, texts, contacts, and other info that you have saved in your phone.

This is so that if anything were to happen to your phone, or your info, you can at least revert back to your last update and not lose all your info.

Its good to backup every once in awhile just so you can rest assure that you have some vital info like contacts backup and won't lose it all.
    02-01-11 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD