Anyone here ever use Let's Talk to buy your Torch?
    I've bought two BB and two other phones for my honey but am wondering if the service and quality is still to par according to any recent buyer experience.
    Thanks...
    11-17-10 09:07 PM
    I have always walked into a store. There are just certain items that I am not going to trust to be delivered. I would rather test what I am about to buy in person and receive it knowing the likelihood of it being dropped or tossed around further has been reduced.
    11-17-10 09:12 PM
    I just ordered my on Amazonwireless.com for $0.01.
    11-17-10 09:34 PM
    I have purchased from let's talk and they are pretty good. On the 9800 though I would do a walk in instead. Just for the fact of a lot of issues with the 9800(wiggle screen and in my case virtual keyboard not working). If I would have mailordered I would have had to wait for exchange etc etc..I got mine from best buy. It also qualified for point on my bestbuy reward card. I bought it out of contract for $499.99.
    11-17-10 09:38 PM
    I have purchased from let's talk and they are pretty good. On the 9800 though I would do a walk in instead. Just for the fact of a lot of issues with the 9800(wiggle screen and in my case virtual keyboard not working). If I would have mailordered I would have had to wait for exchange etc etc..I got mine from best buy. It also qualified for point on my bestbuy reward card.
    Same reason I got mine from a corporate ATT store...it really seems like a hit or miss with the torch hardware.
    11-17-10 09:41 PM
    I have used Let's Talk for my last few phones and the quality has been the same
    as you will find in any store and always at a better price. Bold 9700 was $7.00

I don't know how other carriers handle it but any device I need to return or
    warranty exchange was handled directly by AT&T. Let's Talk does not involve
    itself in that process (again with AT&T customers).

I'm one guy on a Forum but I would say you have nothing to worry about except
    the 18 months you have to keep the device (unless replaced by AT&T). I'm good
    with that so it was a non issue for me.
    11-17-10 09:50 PM
    if price isnt a problem the att store should have you covered.
    11-17-10 11:11 PM
    Well thanks for all the replies....looks like the 'wiggle' issue is a good reason to go to the corporate store and see what I'm getting out the box. the diff. of 49 bucks between Let's Talk and the store is not enough for me to save on knowing that I will know exactly what I have when I walk out....good point so based on that think I"ll do the walk in you guys are great have a great up coming turkey day.....

and yes I have had a good run in the past w/ LT but with this phone I thought I better ask in case I miss the obvious....which I did so I'll do the walk in...latah....
    11-18-10 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD