So I have had my torch for 3-4 weeks now and now when the slider is open and i touch the bottom right corner or buttons there the screen presses down. Sometimes it does it when its closed as well. I also noticed that when i press down on the the trackpad i can feel the screen move.

Now would you change the device now, or wait for it to get worse. My worry is if I call it in later, the carrier may just say that is normal wear and tear. What should I do?
    10-21-10 04:49 PM
    I would still call or go in. That would be a stupid call for them to say normal wear and tear after only 3-4 weeks, you know? Don't carriers usually give you a month to test out the device before you can switch to another one? I don't own a Torch, but I would ask for a replacement, that doesn't sound normal to me. This phone just came out, so I wouldn't expect it to be perfect, you know?
    10-21-10 04:59 PM
    i went through 7 devices, one with the issue you describe
    10-21-10 05:15 PM
    The longer you wait, the worse it'll most likely get, and the harder it'll be to exchange your device. Go into where you bought it asap!
    10-21-10 05:17 PM
    The longer you wait, the worse it'll most likely get, and the harder it'll be to exchange your device. Go into where you bought it asap!
    Thanks for the response guys. I will have to call rogers and spend an hour on the phone waiting. Unfortunately that's the only way rogers works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 06:35 PM
    take it back!!!!
    10-21-10 06:53 PM
    I too am with Rogers and I also had the screen wobble. I called in and was told wait times were approx 1 hour. I went online to the support section, chose online chat support and 5 minutes later I had a brand new replacement Torch on the way. It arrived today and is worlds better than the one it's replacing.

Make the call or do the online thing, its worth it.
    10-21-10 07:24 PM
    I too am with Rogers and I also had the screen wobble. I called in and was told wait times were approx 1 hour. I went online to the support section, chose online chat support and 5 minutes later I had a brand new replacement Torch on the way. It arrived today and is worlds better than the one it's replacing.

Make the call or do the online thing, its worth it.
    Thanks cosmic, I will try the online thing. When I called for my 9700 last week I got through in 4 minutes and that was a record. Thanks for the online tip.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 07:39 PM
    No prob. I hope it all works out for you.

I've been dealing with Rogers since 1995 when they were still Cantel. We've had our moments, but I'd rather deal with them than our other options. I think you'll find replacing your Torch is the way to go.
    10-21-10 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD