I found this while browsing tonight. I personally like this phone and hope it comes out for Sprint...

Just wanted to share some extra info. Enjoy

Here's the link:

Spy Shots Show BlackBerry Slider Running OS 6.0 - BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews
    05-03-10 09:42 PM
    I just have one question. Why is it that all spy shots (in general) are taken with crappy cameras? I would assume any picture taking device in 2010 will take decent pictures.
    05-03-10 09:59 PM
    I wonder the same thing....I really don't have a good answer....the device looks nice though.... "I LIKE"
    05-03-10 10:02 PM
    I just have one question. Why is it that all spy shots (in general) are taken with crappy cameras? I would assume any picture taking device in 2010 will take decent pictures.
    chances are that your not carrying a camera around when u get spy shots like this unless there in a studio. so im assuming its someone with a crappy phone cam and taking shots .
    05-03-10 10:05 PM
    Why are all the leaked pictures, of BBs, on Rogers!?
    05-03-10 10:06 PM
    personally i think they do that on purpose, but im really hoping this phone comes out in a couple of months, because this 3 year old phone is slowly but surely going out on me. And i have to have a touch screen. Sprint lets get her done.
    05-03-10 10:10 PM
    chances are that your not carrying a camera around when u get spy shots like this unless there in a studio. so im assuming its someone with a crappy phone cam and taking shots .
    Damn... when the liquid lenses come out you will have to download a CrappyCam app to uglify the images.

that being said, I'm pretty sure this image confirms that this will NOT be a touchscreen

You will note that the bottom left icon is highlighted. this may seem like nothing but on the Storms you touch an icon on the home screen to highlight it, but as soon as you let go the highlight fades and goes away. when you expand to the full app screen then the selection sticks, but not in the standby homescreen as shown. Sure this may be a bug, but i doubt it.

Also: I was fiddling with the colours and it appears to not have a front camera, but it does have the LED (of course)
    Last edited by grahamf; 05-03-10 at 10:17 PM.
    05-03-10 10:13 PM
    IF this is the first 6.0 device THEN it must be touchscreen ELSE I'm not sure why RIM would release it first. There is no way RIM would highlight all the ...eh... "swipe-y" effects BlackBerry 6 has and not release a touch device first.

I bet this will be released in July after the iPhone hangover wears off at AT&T. Since it's a Rogers device, there's no doubt it'll be on AT&T first in the US. It also makes sense for AT&T to release the Pearl 3G in May, then the iPhone in June, then this in July.

I am currently using both a BB 9000 and an iPhone 3GS and I'm sick of them both. I want this slider and BB 6 for so many reasons...
    05-03-10 10:24 PM
    Good analysis graham...i do hope you are wrong though because I'd love this device to be touch and keyboard. An alternative explanation maybe that since the device has both a touch screen and track pad that bc of the latter the icons remain highlighted....although the track pad may also argue against a touch screen device....or not since devices like the droid incredible have both a touch screen and "track pad" equivalent!

Wasn't it mentioned that the device would be touched....perhaps in BGR? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong
    05-03-10 10:28 PM
    Why are all the leaked pictures, of BBs, on Rogers!?
    My guess is that it's because Rogers is the big dog carrier in Ontario, Canada and RIM is based in Waterloo, Ontario.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 10:43 PM
    It is a touchscreen.

Its on Rogers because all the leaks we get to see first from a new phone come from Canada and its easy to have a SIM card and put it inside of the phone to see what's capable of doing it and Rogers is big in Canada.
    05-03-10 11:32 PM
    OK, this was worth coming on the forum this morning. Soooo exciting!!!!!! Can't wait.
    05-04-10 03:01 AM
    Probably because they're taken with BB's, and BB's have crappy cameras
    05-04-10 06:57 AM
    It could be that BB will make it so you can use it as a touchscreen, or with the optical trackpad. Maybe a setting in the device to do a switch between the two, that way if you have some people that just don't want a touch and prefer the pad then they are happy and could play with touch to see if they want to switch (cause you know there will be people who will start screaming cause of no slidewheel/ball/trackpad ), and you could make the people screaming for touch happy too. Could have a screen based keyboard too so you may not even need to "slide" it open to type if you want to go all touch. This is all just guessing on my part but it wouldn't be a crazy idea to have a transition device to start trying to get the legacy users out there who still ***** about the clickwheel being gone to get used to touch based device.
    05-04-10 07:45 AM
    Or perhaps an auto switch when you open the slide?

Or just maybe this is an early S/W version, and some of the nice graphical features have been disabled in the build on the phone being photographed. After all, these aren't exactly RIM publicity shots we're looking at.
    05-04-10 07:54 AM
    the pics are just SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad that it's not even really that exciting.... way to go BBLeaks on another FAILLLLLLLL
    05-04-10 08:16 AM
    the pics are just SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad that it's not even really that exciting...way to go BBLeaks on another FAILLLLLLLL
    Actually, the fact that the 9800 is (1) shown running 6.0 and (2) doing so on Rogers is pretty exciting in my book. This puppy is going to see the light of day very shortly. If it's the first BB to run 6, and RIM said 6 is coming out in Q3, we are probably going to see it this summer. Woot!
    05-04-10 08:40 AM
    look at the pic closely... especially around the sides.... total photoshop job... and with the bad pic quality, few will notice...

especially in the second one.... look at the black gap on the right side... not there on the left side...

pic is a FAKE... no doubt about it...

05-04-10 08:44 AM
    look at the pic closely... especially around the sides.... total photoshop job... and with the bad pic quality, few will notice...

especially in the second one.... look at the black gap on the right side... not there on the left side...

pic is a FAKE... no doubt about it...

You have no idea what you're talking about...please stop spewing nonsense.
    05-04-10 09:27 AM
    Probably because they're taken with BB's, and BB's have crappy cameras
    Two words.
    liquid lens
    05-04-10 10:35 AM
    Damn... when the liquid lenses come out you will have to download a CrappyCam app to uglify the images.

that being said, I'm pretty sure this image confirms that this will NOT be a touchscreen

You will note that the bottom left icon is highlighted. this may seem like nothing but on the Storms you touch an icon on the home screen to highlight it, but as soon as you let go the highlight fades and goes away. when you expand to the full app screen then the selection sticks, but not in the standby homescreen as shown. Sure this may be a bug, but i doubt it.

Also: I was fiddling with the colours and it appears to not have a front camera, but it does have the LED (of course)
    It does have a touch screen, that has been confirmed. But it also has an optical track pad so you have the choice of using the touch screen or the track pad. The person who took the pic was probably using the track pad before taking the pic.
    05-04-10 03:14 PM
    Well i dont think ill ever buy the slide!! eventhough it got lots of gr8 options!! the cam and the wifi..i prefer keeping my bold 9700
    05-04-10 03:28 PM
    this isn't a question of the 9800's existence or it running OS 6... those are no-brainers...

i'm simply pointing out, that the *pics* shown on BBleaks appear to be fake... the PICS.... not the device and/or it's running OS 6

your comprehension skills are obviously lacking and you're poor attempt at sarcasm is quite pitiful... you need to work on that!!

you might want to go stand in line at Best Buy.... the 9800 running OS 6 will be releasing any time now... you wouldn't want to miss being the first!
    That would be convincing except that it's not a photoshop job, as our amigo at bbleaks has confirmed. THIS is a photoshop job:

If it makes you happy, you can keep thinking of the bad ones as the photoshop job and this clearer one as the real deal.
    05-04-10 03:45 PM
    Touchscreen or not , I can't stand slider phones .
    05-04-10 07:49 PM
    I really can't wait for this one. From the moment I heard about it I've been waiting for its release and being the most impatient man in the world is not helping right now.
    05-04-10 08:34 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD