I went into AT&T today and asked if the 9800 was coming out on AUG 15th and the guy was looking @ me strange like "how did u know that" but tried to say he wasn't sure....what do yall think?
    07-21-10 05:20 PM
    I walked into an AT&T store yesterday and was talking about the new web browser and 9800 with a rep and they had no clue about either. Pretty sad when your store reps are less informed than the general public.
    07-21-10 05:28 PM
    He was probably thinking, "That's a Sunday Dude!"

Edit :
    Already being discussed here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/re...lbright-499251
    Last edited by PDM; 07-21-10 at 05:44 PM.
    07-21-10 05:35 PM
    and the guy was looking @ me strange like "how did u know that"
    It sounds like you saw what you wanted to see lol.
    I don't think ANYONE has any clue right now bout when it's released.. I'm guessing ol' Mikey himself must be pretty lost with all the rumours and leaks going round.
    07-21-10 06:08 PM
    I don't think ANYONE has any clue right now bout when it's released.. I'm guessing ol' Mikey himself must be pretty lost with all the rumours and leaks going round.

No I dnt think that was it...I know the AT&T rep that I was speaking to and I know when he is trying hide what he knows...I mean not saying that means it will definitely release on Aug 15th but I know he knows more than what he's saying
    07-21-10 09:15 PM

No I dnt think that was it...I know the AT&T rep that I was speaking to and I know when he is trying hide what he knows...I mean not saying that means it will definitely release on Aug 15th but I know he knows more than what he's saying
    07-21-10 09:22 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the Palm Pre+ was released on a Sunday at AT&T. Actually, don't correct me as I know it was.
    07-21-10 10:41 PM
    I will be very surprised if it comes out that soon based on everything we know now.
    07-21-10 10:47 PM
    I walked into an AT&T store yesterday and was talking about the new web browser and 9800 with a rep and they had no clue about either. Pretty sad when your store reps are less informed than the general public.
    we are not the general public, thats why we know more then those boneheads.
    07-22-10 06:14 AM
    I will be very surprised if it comes out that soon based on everything we know now.
    im not saying it will for certain come out on that date, but i do believe that there is a set date known by the AT&T reps
    07-22-10 10:10 AM
    I wouldn't expect it that soon. I don't think we will see till October/November. And it doesn't suprise me that the ATT sales rep is clueless. The day the 9700 came out, I went to the store. The Manager of the store was clueless. They said they just recv'd the phone that day and it wasn't even in the computer to ring up. I asked them if they get any documentation on the phones prior to the release so they can educate their customer. They said "no". It normally just shows up at the store. It is sad when I know more about the BB then they do.
    07-22-10 10:41 AM
    It sure seems to be making a lot of appearances lately, usually when more than one video preview pops up it means it is within a month or two or release, so far though there have only been short fuzzy videos and the salomondrin one, so my guess at least 3 moths away.
    07-22-10 11:19 AM
    I don't see it coimng in August......but prove me wrong!
    07-22-10 11:33 AM
    RIM is in a new paradigm and the "usually" rules no longer apply. So the 9000 and 9700 release, uh, experiences are no longer relevant (save for the 9700 being released on a Sunday on AT&T).

At least that is what I would like to think.
    07-22-10 12:44 PM
    I work in one of four Blackberry stores in the country and we have not gotten a solid date as to when this device is going to be released so I highly doubt that a rep at an att store would know before we would. Although we have heard that tester devices will be sent out within the next mouth for our reps to test. So I am guessing that we will not have an official date till late Aug for a Sept release

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 01:59 PM
    I work in one of four Blackberry stores in the country and we have not gotten a solid date as to when this device is going to be released so I highly doubt that a rep at an att store would know before we would. Although we have heard that tester devices will be sent out within the next mouth for our reps to test. So I am guessing that we will not have an official date till late Aug for a Sept release

An why exactly would you know before AT&T, since we know that AT&T will have it long before Sprint will?
    Last edited by Najo; 07-22-10 at 02:08 PM.
    07-22-10 02:02 PM
    Because we only sell bb's for all carriers, I just so happen to have a sprint 9650 which we knew the date of release at least three weeks before it was ever reported on here or any website for that matter. Plus that one main reason is that RIM keeps us up to date on all things bb so that we have a small leg up I mean it is there store.

07-22-10 02:08 PM
    Because we only sell bb's for all carriers, I just so happen to have a sprint 9650 which we knew the date of release at least three weeks before it was ever reported on here or any website for that matter. Plus that one main reason is that RIM keeps us up to date on all things bb so that we have a small leg up I mean it is there store.

Oh ok. Well in that case it seems odd that you are just receiving test phones, since we have reliable source saying AT&T has been testing for quite awhile.
    07-22-10 02:15 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the Blackberry stores ran by Wireless Giant and not by RIM?
    07-22-10 02:33 PM
    They are ran by WG but RIM has control over lots of what happens in the stores. In atlanta we are over seen by Airport Retail Management. So we have a lot of people looking at what we do. So with that said RIM, WG, and ARM are partners.

And as far as att testing the device for a while they have been but we only get testers when they are the final product so we do not have to worry about much. In all honesty they are more training devices vs testers like I said earlier.

07-22-10 02:44 PM
    Still, as I said RIM is in a new paradigm with this release -- more secrecy, a much shorter testing period for AT&T, etc. If you get a phone before release only as a training device rather than to test it, I would imagine you could get this one only a week beforehand, with not much more notice that you're getting it.

I know your store in the airport -- but face it, these aren't like the Apple stores, which are a major retail source.
    07-22-10 03:29 PM
    I work in one of four Blackberry stores in the country and we have not gotten a solid date as to when this device is going to be released
    so what's your take on this..... "BlackBerry-maker Research in Motion is apparently gearing up to release a new touchscreen device on August 15 on AT&T, according to the BlackBerry Partners Fund�s John Albright."

if you did know, would you even risk telling us?
    07-22-10 04:00 PM
    Release dates have been missed before...we shall see...
    07-22-10 04:47 PM
    Ha ha. This is funny......I'll see it when I see it. I just want it tone big free.

07-22-10 08:12 PM
    I went into AT&T today and asked if the 9800 was coming out on AUG 15th and the guy was looking @ me strange like "how did u know that" but tried to say he wasn't sure....what do yall think?
    LOL!

I think YOU are reading something into the face of an AT&T salesperson that was not there, intelligence!

These people could care less about when a new phone will be released and will be the last to know. The do this for a living and could care less.

It is ALL STILL RUMOR and no more.
    07-23-10 05:27 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD