Well, about ten, fifteen minutes ago, I was having a text debate, and had a flash thought that I couldn't tap out fast enough in a text, so I decided to call that person. In the text screen with a half typed message in the message box, I pressed the green Call button. Normally, it will bring up "Call ___" but this time it did nothing. I pressed the greenie again. Then I pressed the Back Button. Then the red End Button. Then (oopsy) the Screen Lock button on the top left corner. The screen went black, and did not come back (that rhymes). I then proceeded to do a battery pull (I haven't had to do more than once that in ages, this phone was slick...). I waited about ten seconds, and put it back in. Keys light up, no screen, though. Wait a few, then do another. Hmmm. Keys light up, dim LED comes on, then goes off, but no screen. Battery comes out again. Wait about a minute or two, then put the battery back in. Same story, minus LED. Waited a while, then held down the End (power) button. Keys Light up, no screen. It's sitting on my desk on front of me right now, battery out of it. Not sure what I should do. Do I now have a new coaster for my 7up???

It does connect to AppLoader. I reloaded the OS, says it was successful. STILL no screen. Weird. Took the phone apart, made sure the ribbon was well-connected. It was. Put it back together, still no screen. Keys lit up, red LED half the time. It is making me crazy.

I started to search the forums, but I don't know what to search for, in this case. (If anybody has had this problem, please direct me to the thread.)

I would like to have help, but I think my Torch is hopeless. Replace the LCD screen??? Maybe, but it froze just before it "shut down". That doesn't sound like and LCD Screen problem. Well, guys (and girls...), any input?
    03-09-11 08:11 PM
    something tells me taking it apart may be your downfall if the phone is still under warranty. however, it does sound like the LCD may have failed.
    03-09-11 08:13 PM
    turn it "on" and try to make a call....even if the screen doesnt come on..do you get sound? can the other person hear you?
    03-09-11 08:19 PM
    something tells me taking it apart may be your downfall if the phone is still under warranty. however, it does sound like the LCD may have failed.
    I have "explored" the phone before. Warranty is toast. I also dropped (a couple times) it a little after I got it, so the bezel is chipped, and they would see that. I dropped it a while ago, so it might be because of the fall, but that was a LONG time ago. Relatively. It may be the LCD, but I would hate to spend that kinda $ without being sure that was it. I know it's cheaper than a new phone, but you know what I mean. After put that post up, the LCD came on, with the Initial Setup Screen, since I reloaded the OS, but it lagged really bad, and when I locked it, the screen would not come back when I unlocked the screen.
    03-09-11 08:24 PM
    turn it "on" and try to make a call....even if the screen doesnt come on..do you get sound? can the other person hear you?
    Good point. Let me try that. Not sure who I will call...
    03-09-11 08:27 PM
    Good point. Let me try that. Not sure who I will call...
    I tried to call from the device, and I tried calling the device from another phone, nothing for either. The line rang when I called it, but my device did nothing.
    03-09-11 08:36 PM
    try to fully wipe it, and then reinstall after that.

probably wont save you, but you never know. wiping it before reloading has done miracles in the past. might as well give it a shot, nothing to lose.

use BBSAK and WIPE DEVICE with it.
    then run apploader and throw your OS back on.
    then cross your fingers, and the fingers of everyone within a 40mile radius
    03-10-11 12:38 AM
    @BBRYCnvnedMe,

Use BBSAK to connect you BB, then read the event logs... or save the events logs to pc...
    and post it .... may be some one figure out what went really wrong.....

and.............................

Don't play with electronice until you are educated about that....
    Take it to hospital...Torch needs to see Dr. B.B. ReparMann....
    If it connects to DM, make a safe backup for future...
    03-10-11 01:05 AM
    Yes. Completely wipe thru BBSAK and see whether white screen comes out after wipe. if you see white screen, load official OS on the device. Don't try hybrid.
    03-10-11 03:27 AM
    Wiped with BBSAK, "Wipe Completed", no white screen. Keys light up, no screen. I read the Event Log, saved it to txt. I can post it, but I reloaded the OS, so it will not show anything before the reload. I might send it to PDA Repair World, but I am not sure what the problem is to tell them.
    03-10-11 07:48 AM
    Well, yesterday, I took the phone COMPLETELY apart. Took the slider off, all of that. Had to replace some screws that had been stripped (thanks to some soft screwdrivers). I replaced the screws, put it all back together, and it started right up. Then, I am not sure whether it was as soon as the phone came back "online" or when it happened, but right now, I have like, NO WiFi signal. I get about five feet from the router, and I lose all signal. The Bolds in the same house have full signal, so I know it's not the router. I guess that I messed with the WiFi antenna when I took the Torch apart. I would not know... It has the problem when on either .448 and .486, so I'm currently at a loss. I'm glad my phone is back, but I sure used that WiFi, as I have bad cellular reception at the house. Well, like I said, I am glad it's back.
    03-13-11 09:05 AM
    Is your Torch still working? I have the exact same problem. Closed it, locked the screen and now it won't run the screen. During my attempts to reset the blue tooth/wireless and cell services have somehow been turned off. I may take apart as well????
    03-28-11 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD