The Torch is supposed to be the "Top Of The Line" Crackberry at the moment, yet they revert back to the standard/uncomfortable headset instead of the "Premium"(in-ear) version that shipped with the 9000/9700. I have aftermarket headsets to use, but those OEM's were actually pretty nice and comfortable. Just think its weird is all. Loving the Torch otherwise!! LOL

Gripe over, hope everyone has a GREAT holiday!!!
    09-06-10 09:17 AM
    Agreed. The headphones that came with the 9800 are horrible...
    09-06-10 09:47 AM
    I'm still using the headset for the 9000 on my 9550. The set that came with the 9550 are total **** IMO. All depends on your ears and what feels comfortable. When I get my 9800 I will probably continue using the same pair.
    09-06-10 09:51 AM
    I use a set of phillips headphones that plug into my ear but I did plug in the ones that came with my torch and they sound good. I just don't like the ones that set on the outside of the ear. can't keep them in when moving around.
    09-06-10 10:20 AM
    agree on the earphones... and the lack of a holster/pouch..
    09-06-10 10:21 AM
    I personally don't mind the headset that came with the 9800. I use my 9700 headset in the car and keep the 9800 set with me in my laptop bag when I'm at work. I tend to use headsets a lot cuz I'm always preoccupied with something.

Anyway I do like the 9700 ones better...
    09-06-10 11:00 AM
    I was in CompUSA yesterday looking for a class 6 sd card and an otterbox. I did not find thos but I did find a premium stero headset with a case. I picked it up so now I can safely carry my premium mono and stero headsets around...

If you notice there is cost sutting all over the place. No case and a combined charger / data cable as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 11:35 AM
    I actually like these earbuds better, the other ones hurt my ears and were just too big for me.
    09-06-10 12:04 PM
    did you try the smaller ear pieces? it comes with 3 sets.
    09-06-10 12:09 PM
    The in-ear headphones can actually cause hearing loss due to wax buildup, the same way using q-tips to clean out your ears does. The wax gets pushed down and compacted and will eventually begin to cause discomfort and affect your ability to hear.

Personally, the 9800 headset fit's nicely in my ears and produce very good sound.
    09-06-10 12:48 PM
    did you try the smaller ear pieces? it comes with 3 sets.
    Yes, I tried the smallest ones and it did hurt. It just wasn't for me. So I didn't even attempt the other two sizes.
    09-06-10 12:49 PM
    I also like the new ones (9800) better than those that came with my 9700.
    09-06-10 02:48 PM
    Fortunately for me this is a non-issue. I as a matter of course chuck the headphones
    that come with every BB I own. They are all crap, even if one set is called "Premium".
    09-06-10 03:05 PM
    actually even with the iphones and the ipods..
    the earphones that come in the box are substandard
    09-06-10 05:59 PM
    The in-ear headphones can actually cause hearing loss due to wax buildup, the same way using q-tips to clean out your ears does. The wax gets pushed down and compacted and will eventually begin to cause discomfort and affect your ability to hear.

If you are implying that this would be permanent hearing loss, I disagree with this. I have used ear plugs, which are pushed much deeper in the ear canal than the ear bud style headphones, for over 20 years on a daily basis at work with no issues. What you say is true in that it can cause temporary hearing loss until the wax is removed. But they do not cause permanent hearing loss.

I am not impressed with the 9800 headset either. Due to the shape of my ears they do not stay in place if I move around at all. Ear buds or full headphones are the only type I can use.
    09-06-10 07:04 PM
    The Torch is supposed to be the "Top Of The Line" Crackberry at the moment, yet they revert back to the standard/uncomfortable headset instead of the "Premium"(in-ear) version that shipped with the 9000/9700. I have aftermarket headsets to use, but those OEM's were actually pretty nice and comfortable. Just think its weird is all. Loving the Torch otherwise!! LOL

Gripe over, hope everyone has a GREAT holiday!!!
    Considering we didn't get a holster I think we're lucky to have gotten the sh#ty headset...
    09-06-10 07:58 PM
    Considering we didn't get a holster I think we're lucky to have gotten the sh#ty headset...

True, and I would rather have gotten a holster/pouch instead of the ****ty headset.
    09-06-10 08:24 PM
    True, and I would rather have gotten a holster/pouch instead of the ****ty headset.
    True that. Heck, I don't use the headset they provide anyway.
    09-06-10 08:28 PM
    +1 - i couldn't agree with you more...
    09-06-10 08:28 PM
    If you care about high quality earbuds, don't use anything that is Blackberry brand anyways.. They only offer terrible build and sound quality. Get yourself a nice set of Shure's, Beats, V-Moda's or something comparable, and you will surely be pleased.
    09-06-10 08:43 PM
    Meh wired headphones are a thing of the past! Lol. I like the rockerfish rf-mab2's, they offer full control of your music or videos, and have great sound quality, the build quality could be a little better but I abuse them all day everyday and they are still holding up pretty darn well, they are over-the-ear headphones (cuz my ears get agitated with in-ear headphones)
    09-06-10 09:16 PM
    Rocketfish** lol
    09-06-10 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD