I accidently washed my torch after being out on an exhausting day about 6 months ago.
    I did the rice trick and left it in there for 3 days.
    I can -not- get it to power on, even if I take the battery out and directly plug it in to the outlet.
    I know there may be no chance at reviving this phone but I wanted to see what options I had.
    My dad is good at fixing electronic things, so I wanted to give it a shot.
    What generally frys inside the phone that can be replaced or fixed?
    I was thinking about getting a new battery but as I mentioned earlier it doesn't even power on with the battery out of it.
    I just took this baby out of the original box that I stored it in since the incident. I just want there to be a chance as I'm unlucky with phones ( ran my iphone 4s over a week ago after driving up north on vacation...the first day I was there too! ugh! )

Any help would be appreciated.
    Many thanks!
    06-08-12 07:13 PM
    1) The iPhone did deserve its fate (My own opinion)
    2) Consider buying a Casio G'Zone, sounds gangster/"ah" but theyre incredibly rugged phones, waterproof, slightly crush resistant and drop resistant
    3) everyone has different situations when getting their phones wet, some drop it in the toilet but grab it within a few seconds (but why would they want to reuse it) I'm assuming the phone was in the wash for the entire cycle which gives it ample time to allow water inside whereas toilet is a few seconds.

From the sounds of things you may have to buy a new motherboard and if you are lucky not a display. The one downside is that the cost of these are fairly hefty, and its pretty much buying a new phone anyways cause imei changes and pin as well. Before BB10 comes out the latest gen os7 phones should drop in price, may be a good time to buy a new phone
    06-08-12 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD