Hi, last year my 9700 was connected to a BES. I have since changed jobs and used the Desktop Manager to move everything to my 9800 Torch. This included the 700 contacts that are still in the Desktop contact list. These contacts contain multiple email addresses, multiple phone numbers, street addresses etc

I want to be able to sync those Desktop contacts with Outlook, but as they are in the Desktop contact list, I am unable to do so.

I have no problems syncing contacts that are in other contact lists, either with Desktop Manager or wirelessly with Gmail.

1. Is there any way to export the contents of the Desktop contact list without a BES ?

2. Is there any way I can change a contact from Desktop into another contact list ?

Thanks in advance
    03-16-12 04:55 AM
    I have the same problem and can't figure it out. BBDM only syncs the non-desktop contacts. I have 7 of those and 108 of the others.
    Need a solution.
    Last edited by mattv; 05-05-14 at 01:08 AM. Reason: typo
    05-05-14 01:08 AM
    Can anyone help with this? I used a third party app to finally export 75 contacts (close enough) but again, it only took the 7 gmail contacts and not the desktop contacts. The app isn't customizable so I'm back at square one.

How am I the only person with this problem after all this time, I don't know.... Its not like there were instructions on which type of contact to create with each one.
    05-08-14 09:36 AM
    You can backup your phone, then use MagicBerry to export the address book to a CSV.
    05-11-14 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD