I couldn't handle it. Yeah, I know about the 2011 roadmap but I just couldn't wait any longer. I recently ditched my iphone and went back to my aging Bold 9000 because I missed typing on a hardware keyboard. I loved my Bold but it was just too short on application memory to run the apps I wanted. I decided to get the Torch and I'm loving it so far. If you were looking for a sign that new Blackberries were about to drop, I'm sure the fact that I just bought a Torch means you'll see new ones in 31 days! Thanks for your great posts on this forum that helped me decide to go for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-11 03:49 PM
    You mean like it snowed the day after I put my snowblower away?? Yeah, I get that!

Well, welcome back to BB, and welcome to the Torch. I fortunately had an iPhone in the house when I was shopping for a replacement for my 9000, so I was able to rule that out before making a purchase. Checked out the one Android on AT&T at the time, but it didn't do anything for me. Torch won, and I'm very happy with it. Now waiting for the next batch of BB's to be able to go haunt the guys in the phone store again.

03-31-11 04:09 PM
    Thanks for the welcome. I go way back with Blackberries. Heck, I even had one of the early ones that looked like a pager and only showed a few lines of text. I went to iphone for years. I had 3 of the 4 generations of iphone but when iPad came out, I could use all those iphone apps on a bigger screen so why not get a phone that specializes in messaging? That thought is what led me to go back to Blackberry.

03-31-11 10:51 PM
    Very interesting. Real evidence that owning a tablet may cause one to opt for a non-touchscreen phone? I was thinking to switch to my Bold if I get the Playbook. Your thought process makes sense to me. Oh...you said Torch, never mind!
    03-31-11 11:09 PM
    I think Torch 2 is on the way because here in Canada all 3 major companies have the Torch for $0-$49 on 3 year term..

04-01-11 07:33 AM
    Very interesting. Real evidence that owning a tablet may cause one to opt for a non-touchscreen phone? I was thinking to switch to my Bold if I get the Playbook. Your thought process makes sense to me. Oh...you said Torch, never mind!
    I agree with your thinking even though I bought a Torch. To be honest, it wasn't the touch screen that interested me about the torch as the fact that it is the current Blackberry on AT&T with the most application memory. My thinking is that if you are carrying around a big tablet for apps why not get a phone / messaging device that you can quickly and accurately type on?

04-01-11 07:54 AM
    I think Torch 2 is on the way because here in Canada all 3 major companies have the Torch for $0-$49 on 3 year term..

i noticed that yesterday on the Bell site. i got my torch 2 weeks ago for $100 down for the 3 year contract and now its $0. Oh well, if you always wait for the next and cheaper thing, you"ll never buy anything, right?
    04-01-11 08:53 AM
    i noticed that yesterday on the Bell site. i got my torch 2 weeks ago for $100 down for the 3 year contract and now its $0. Oh well, if you always wait for the next and cheaper thing, you"ll never buy anything, right?
    My suggestion is go back and see if they will do a price adjustment. I did that with my Torch when I bought it at ATT and then within 30 days it came out for $99...I got $50 back.
    04-01-11 10:48 AM
    I went down and was given a number to call as they could do it there. I called the number, they said they couldn't give me any money back but would give me 200 free minutes a month for 6 months. Something is better than nothing.

04-01-11 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD