So the Torch finally came to Canada and I picked mine up yesterday
    I had an 8900 for about a year and a half before this one and while I had it I was using the VM-605 visor mounted Bluetooth speaker in my car. It connected seamlessly every time and I still haven't even to this day had to recharge the thing (almost a year now).

First thing I tried to do in the parking lot after getting the Torch was to connect it to the speaker. Well, just my luck, I can't for the life of me manage to get my phone to recognize the speaker.

Is anyone else having this pairing issue with their Torch and the VM-605? (Or any other Bluetooth device for that matter - I'd really like to try everything to get this thing working.)
    10-02-10 01:33 AM
    ive been using the vm605 since it was released and wish i never had to charge it.. although it last ages between charges, i always stream to FM... and its sooo annoying when i pause music and it shuts the FM off all the time.

Anyhow, to get it to pair just hold down the big button on the face until she announces "pairing mode" and then find it with the torch.. might have to hold the button down for awhile before it comes up... working just fine with my torch..
    10-02-10 02:29 AM
    If pairing mode doesn't kick in by holding down the front button, hold down the volume up/down (not sure which) at the same time you're holding down front button. This is how you manually invoke pairing mode.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-02-10 07:36 AM
    I can tell you that the VM-605 does indeed work with the Torch. Been using mine since Thursday.

At first, navigate on your Torch to the Bluetooth "Add New Device Screen" (The one with Search, Listen, Cancel).

Then, like everyone else said, hold the action button (the big black button) until the voice tells you "PAIRING MODE".

Press "Search" on your phone, wait for it to detect your VM-605, input 0000 as pairing code and you are done!
    10-02-10 08:59 AM
    Thanks everyone, completely forgot about that pairing mode on the speakerphone, its been a while since I've had to pair one lol
    I'll give it a try tomorrow morning!
    10-04-10 12:39 AM
    ive been using the vm605 since it was released and wish i never had to charge it.. although it last ages between charges, i always stream to FM... and its sooo annoying when i pause music and it shuts the FM off all the time.

Is there a way to configure this device so the FM transmitter doesnt stop after 1 min? Total PITA when you have an incoming call and it is not transmitting.
    11-13-10 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD