Ok so here is my story:

I purchased a Torch 10 days ago from an AT&T store. I brought the phone home and using DM 6.0 (which is probably irrelevant) I performed a device switch from my 9700 which was still running OS 5. A few days in to using my Torch the key pad stopped responding. I was unable to unlock my phone using the physical keypad. I could do so using my virtual keypad. Along with that, the perimeter buttons, such as the lock, mute, volume and convenience key also stopped responding. Everything would work fine after a battery pull for a short time then the same would happen. So, I bring the Torch back to AT&T and get a new exchange. I bring along my laptop and once again using DM I make a device switch from the bad Torch to the new Torch. After a day of no issues, the exact same problem occured. I bring that Torch back to an AT&T store and explain the situation.

The theory here so far is that a virus or corrupt file carried over through DM 6.0 from my 9700 to the Torch and then again from one Torch to the other.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? or anyting similar. Is this even possible or did I just get two defunct phones?
    08-31-10 07:50 PM
    I would think you would see java errors or something if there were corrupt files. I've never heard of a virus on a BB, but I'm not going to say it can't happen. Try backing up only the contacts after a security wipe and see if that solves it. I did have a problem though where I couldn't do anything on my old phone because the case I was using kept holding down the lock key and I didnt realize it.
    08-31-10 07:56 PM
    Well the advice I received with the new Torch was to NOT use DM to switch devices and to simply install any third party apps individually and use my outlook to install my contacts and calendar. I have done this and going on day two without any problems. Wish me luck.
    Thanks for your advice.
    08-31-10 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD