I just got my Torch a couple of days ago & I'm really having a hard time with the picture menu. When I save an image & want to use it as a w/p I can not "view the actual size" of an image. That option was on every BB I ever had & I can't find that option on my Torch??
    Does anyone know anything about this??? TIA
    03-22-11 01:28 PM
    Why would you need the option to "view the actual size" of an image after you save it? Your BB will only give you as big of a size to fill the screen as best as it could...you can always zoom into the picture to cut out some of it and while zoomed in, you can click the BB button and got to the set as wallpaper option and it will set it as you see it zoomed in.
    jules966 likes this.
    03-22-11 05:40 PM
    I just got my Torch a couple of days ago & I'm really having a hard time with the picture menu. When I save an image & want to use it as a w/p I can not "view the actual size" of an image. That option was on every BB I ever had & I can't find that option on my Torch??
    Does anyone know anything about this??? TIA
    The Torch needs images that are 360 X 480 for best results. If you have images that are other sizes, it is best to go to the CB WallpaperMaker and have it re-size it for you and then e-mail it to yourself. It works real well but does sometime elongate some pictures.
    jules966 likes this.
    03-22-11 05:47 PM
    As mentioned, zoom in, position appropriately, set as wallpaper.
    jules966 likes this.
    03-22-11 11:08 PM
    Hover over the picture and in the browser menu look for "view image" and click it before u save the picture. Then when you save it, it should come out as the actual picture size.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luqman24; 03-23-11 at 01:28 AM.
    jules966 likes this.
    03-23-11 01:24 AM
    Thanks all for the responses. I've always saved images from deviantart & most of the time it's best to view the actual size to save it. It keeps the image quality perfect. The CB wallpaper maker tends to really distort the image & change the quality. I just wondered where this option went on my torch?? It's so advanced in so many ways but this one thing is driving me nuts!!!!
    03-23-11 01:03 PM
    That's what I do with my wallpapers. I view the larger sizes of the photos I browse on my Flickr account and download them. The quality isn't exactly the same, but zooming in doesn't degrade the pics too much.

I miss the "actual size" thing too.

03-23-11 01:40 PM
    Thanks all for the responses. I've always saved images from deviantart & most of the time it's best to view the actual size to save it. It keeps the image quality perfect. The CB wallpaper maker tends to really distort the image & change the quality. I just wondered where this option went on my torch?? It's so advanced in so many ways but this one thing is driving me nuts!!!!
    This is what you maybe looking for, whenever you hover over the picture you should see this and you can save it after with the original size of the picture thus not screwing up the picture quality.

03-23-11 05:10 PM
    Are you trying to save images at native resolution, or do you want to save images to eventually use as BB wallpapers?

If it's the latter, you're better off using a screenshot application to auto-resize to 360x480 anyways (no point in saving the original size).
    03-23-11 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD