Has anybody found any videos of the torch with an updated OS? I've heard that the new updates sped it up a bit (like transitioning from page to page on the menu screen)

I'm in Canada where this phone means locking in for 3 years and I don't know how ready I am to do this with a phone that isn't up to par. I love this phone but buying an outdated phone full price with a 3 year tie to it doesn't make much sense...a video would be extremely settling for me, thanks!
    10-08-10 12:11 PM
    A better solution would be to go to a store and try a live unit. I would have them do a battery pull if its on when they give it to you so you know a bunch of crap isnt running.

Im very happy with the speed of the torch. Have no complaints about it in that regard.
    10-08-10 12:54 PM
    A better solution would be to go to a store and try a live unit. I would have them do a battery pull if its on when they give it to you so you know a bunch of crap isnt running.

Im very happy with the speed of the torch. Have no complaints about it in that regard.
    The store has the OS it was shipped with, no updates
    10-08-10 01:48 PM
    The store has the OS it was shipped with, no updates
    All Canadian carriers sell the Torch with the latest OS .246

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 02:35 PM
    Has anybody found any videos of the torch with an updated OS? I've heard that the new updates sped it up a bit (like transitioning from page to page on the menu screen)

I'm in Canada where this phone means locking in for 3 years and I don't know how ready I am to do this with a phone that isn't up to par. I love this phone but buying an outdated phone full price with a 3 year tie to it doesn't make much sense...a video would be extremely settling for me, thanks!
    Unless you got your phone from somewhere other than a Canadian carrier, you already are on the latest and great .246 OS. Trust me it's way better than what we started with on AT&T!

As far as the left to right movement between tabs on the homescreen, there is a delay built in for some reason. You can see it actually goes faster if you tap the bar at the top...see where it says "All" - if you tap to the right of there where it says like "Favo..." it will switch to favorites very quickly.

As far as I can tell from using this phone for almost 2 months now it's running great! The only place I see any slow down is zooming in and out of big pictures or web pages.
    10-08-10 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD