How does the torch video camera stack up against its competitors video camers? Also does the 225 update help the video cam performance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 03:46 PM
    It doesn't. Well, depends on which devices you're comparing it to. Compared to the i4, not even close. Videos look pretty good on play-back on the device itself, but when replayed on a computer, it's only mediocre. There are other devices that are better as well, D X, D 2, D incred, Epic 4G, Fascinate, Captivate & Vibrant.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 09-19-10 at 04:02 PM. Reason: confused threads
    09-19-10 03:54 PM
    arent the fascinate and epic the same as vibrant and captivate except for carrier?
    09-19-10 03:58 PM
    the reason i ask is that i've got a captivate and it records video at 720p that looks pretty good. i'm getting a torch this week, and was curious as well about the quality vs the captivate. the video that kevin did with dieter, i actually thought the torch looked better than the iphone 4, less audio noise as well.
    09-19-10 03:59 PM
    arent the fascinate and epic the same as vibrant and captivate except for carrier?
    They are but they have an LED flash which helps. The Captivate & Vibrant do not.

Edit: I got this thread mixed up with another about the camera. My apologies. The Samsung Galaxy S series has better video camera than the 9800 across the board.
    09-19-10 04:00 PM
    yeah i forgot about the flash. i've been so used to not having a flash with the iphone and captivate that i'm not sure i would even use it anymore.
    09-19-10 04:23 PM
    yeah i forgot about the flash. i've been so used to not having a flash with the iphone and captivate that i'm not sure i would even use it anymore.
    Well obviously the Iphone 4 has a LED flash. My Captivate doesn't. The i4's camera is the best of any smartphone on the market. The 9800 doesn't come close.
    09-19-10 04:40 PM
    Are you guys comparing the torch video camera with 225 loaded on it? Or stock OS? Also why does the i4 blow it away? Dedicated graphics processor? Better lens?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD