We are getting ready to upgrade from our old Nextel 8350i BB's They've served us well, but we are moving away from PTT and really like the new Torch form factor.

Our phones are on a BES enterprise configuration so i'll be deaing with that seperately. My question is, is there anything from a BB perspective that I need to back-up or move specifically from the old phones to the new ones? I'll make a list of apps, but it's been pretty minimal. All of our address book, notes, calendars have been handled by BES so I'm assuming that will return when I activate BES on the new phones.

I'm the only one who uses BBM so I'll take my 1 contact and transfer it over and re-establish communication.

As I think of the switch I can't really think of anything that I have to do other than check the apps, and re-download and install them on the new phones. We aren't using any special apps that have special data or anything, more like slacker, weather etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Roveer
    10-13-10 09:19 AM
    From what you're describing I don't think you'll have much of an issue. I've had no problems getting my major 3rd party apps running on the 9800 (ie: weather, Google Maps, Gmail...).

You can take a look through these threads to get more detail on apps that are not compatible (keep an eye on the poste date, as many app developers have begun issuing updates that correct compatibility issues) :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/ap...-torch-514343/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/98...thread-512796/

Only other data that might be useful to move are items like WiFi settings (ie saved passwords) and other Option configuration settings, browser bookmarks...

Good luck!
    10-13-10 10:08 AM
    I did a device switch from my 9000 to my torch...took everything across. And everything works perfectly. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 10:16 AM
    I too made the switch from the 8350i. You're right - since you use BES all your contacts, messages, calendar will transfer seemlessly.

As far as apps, I didn't have any I had payed for, so I simply re-installed the ones I wanted.

I hope you enjoy the upgrade as much as I have.
    10-13-10 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD