I've just upgraded to 6.0 Bundle 2949 and have lost certain specific sounds and ringtones

As I use 8 different email addresses and need to know which tone refers to which account, I'm greatly missing them. Can they be downloaded? Unfortunately, I don't know the names of any of them but they are standard Blackberry tones from the last upgrade which was about 6 months ago
    01-02-12 10:02 AM
    You can download the OS 5 legacy ringtones OTA from http://mobile.blackberry.com . You will need to re-download the legacy ringtones anytime you update the OS.

On the positive side, all your ringtone preferences should go back into effect as soon as the legacy ringtones are installed. The backup/restore done during the course of the OS install would have included your sound profiles.
    stephenco likes this.
    01-03-12 03:37 PM
    That hasn't been by experience exactly.

While the backup and restore during an OS load does keep my calendar, contacts, emails, texts and account info intact; it does seem to lose my profile settings for ringtones and such, including custom profiles and always reverts to the default settings.

Because of that, my steps for every OS update is as follows:

1. Do a full backup of the phone with Desktop Manager.

2. Load the OS with either DM, or the Loader program.

3. Re-download the OS 5 ringtones, (I actually have the cod and jad files on my SD card, so I just reload it through the file system).

4. Double-check to see if the custom profiles somehow comes back, but they never have going back to OS 4.5 on my old Pearl. Everything else does, just not the profiles.

5. Go back to DM, go to restore and do a selective restore of just the "Profiles" from the list. Let it happen, and my custom profiles are back with the right ringtones in place including any changes to the standard profiles.

Once, I restored the profiles before reloading the ringtones and while my custom profiles came back, it lost the ringtones and they all reverted back to that obnoxious AT&T ringtone. Even after reloading the old ringtones, the connection was already lost. I had to reset them all again. I didn't think about re-reloading the profiles from the backup.
    Last edited by joeldf; 01-03-12 at 05:32 PM.
    01-03-12 05:27 PM
    Sorted! Thanks
    01-05-12 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD