Just updated to the leaked .214 on my unlocked 9800. Works perfectly on the Rogers network. I got my BB Maps back, and even the rogers store app is there. Everything seems quite a bit faster. I'll be doing a review of it soon and post it on Utube.

Anyone else with an Unlocked Torch on Rogers, I suggest you do the same.

here is a quick review:
    Last edited by euro2low; 09-12-10 at 11:38 PM.
    09-12-10 08:18 PM
    Just updated to the leaked .214 on my unlocked 9800. Works perfectly on the Rogers network. I got my BB Maps back, and even the rogers store app is there. Everything seems quite a bit faster. I'll be doing a review of it soon and post it on Utube.

Anyone else with an Unlocked Torch on Rogers, I suggest you do the same.
    I've been using it on Rogers since it leaked and couldn't be happier! It has been great!
    09-12-10 08:23 PM
    Thanks for posting this up. I'll be following this, will probably help me decide which way to go with purchasing.
    09-12-10 08:24 PM
    Link to the Rogers version of 0.214???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 08:28 PM
    Please provide a link to your review! Can't wait to see it! Thanks for doing this
    09-12-10 08:28 PM
    I've been Runing this for about a week as well and it works great

09-12-10 08:31 PM
    Link to the Rogers version of 0.214???

Rogers hasn't even released the phone yet...I am using the leaked AT&T version.
    09-12-10 08:31 PM
    you can't listen to all the trash people talk about RIM and the blackberry. You always have to tell yourself (as someone so elegantly put it on these forums...) Different strokes for different folks...

You have to choose what fit YOU best... you can't let other people tell you what to buy, what not to buy. what's good and what's not. It has to work for YOU and YOU alone.

In my heart i know it's that they are jealous... yes you can go on and on comparing the androids and iphone but in the end, who cares?? it's a friggin PHONE! get an ipad then you have the best of both worlds.

I honestly can say I always try to find a reason to hate RIM and switch over to Android, but I can't convince myself. I am TOOOOOO addicted and hooked to BBM and my GF is on BBM so to me, it's a must. I won't lie that it's the Biggest and maybe only reason im sticking with them, but in the end when i'm realistic about it... This phone does everything I need. I don't see how an Android or IP4 can change my life.
    09-12-10 08:36 PM
    +1
    here is the link:
    hotfile.com/dl/67441449/a144882/9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel555_PL6.4.0.99_A6.0.0.214.exe.ht ml

download, install, delete Vendor.xml in Crogfiles/common files/Research In Motion

Voila.
    09-12-10 08:38 PM
    Had mine a week now. Updated to 214 when I got back home because of the good feedbacks on the forum. Love it ... internet browsing is much a better experience now because of os6.

I am using the holster from 9700 for now. I want to buy the 9800 holster. Anyone who uses it can comment.

Thanks

Bold007
    09-12-10 09:01 PM

it aint an att leak! :-)
    09-12-10 09:40 PM
    OMG I LOVE .214!!! i hated using the software keyboard before but I have to say, this makes it a JOY to use! I didn't think I would see such a huge improvement.

This thing is snappy like you wouldn't believe.

If you have any questions or requests for videos, please let me know.
    09-12-10 09:44 PM
    Great news for us Canadians! I'm hoping when the Torch comes out in Canada on the 24th it'll already become preloaded with .214.
    09-12-10 09:57 PM
    If it's not, you should just download it now from the link I provided that way you are sure to have it.
    09-12-10 09:59 PM
    I've got .214 running on my torch on Fido and I must say its perfect. Haven't noticed any issues. Then again I didn't notice any with .141 either. Luvin' my torch!

09-12-10 10:02 PM
    definitely need .214 to get a feel for how the torch was meant to be. I've been quite happy since I installed that leak.
    09-12-10 10:36 PM
    Been running great with the leak!! so far so good. Its just phone, if it suits your needs then grab it!! Really, what can you expect from a phone?
    Always had bb, work reasons keep me from getting an android platform...but it does what i need it to. just a phone
    09-13-10 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD