do i have to hook my bb up to my computer to update the os like i did with my iphone ?
    02-20-11 12:00 AM
    You are able to do a wirelss update, but make sure you have done a back up on your desktop manager in case something happens. I think it takes about 40 minutes to an hour and on 3g.
    02-20-11 12:06 AM
    oh ok thanks
    02-20-11 12:07 AM
    Go to options, then select "device" and then "software updates". It will then tell you if you have the most "official" release.
    02-20-11 12:10 AM
    And, the only updates you'll ever see are the official ones from your carrier. Leaked OS's, or releases from other carriers that may be newer than the one you have won't show.

The only way to install a leaked or other carrier OS, if you were so inclined, is by hooking up to your computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 12:25 PM
    If you want it to take less time, hook it up to the computer.
    02-20-11 04:59 PM
    You are able to do a wirelss update, but make sure you have done a back up on your desktop manager in case something happens. I think it takes about 40 minutes to an hour and on 3g.
    When did AT&T start pushing an OTA OS update, higher than .246, to everyone?
    I think the OP is going to need a PC, IF, they want to update now that is.
    02-20-11 05:57 PM
    When did AT&T start pushing an OTA OS update, higher than .246, to everyone?
    I think the OP is going to need a PC, IF, they want to update now that is.
    Exactly my thinking. The only upgrade that you will get "pushed" to your device is the official one by your carrier. If you want to upgrade to one of the official non ATT OS's then you will most definitely need a pc for that procedure.
    02-20-11 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD