Hey guys,

I bought the 9800 without a contract, and I was wondering if there is a new update for users with no contracts ?

Friends with contracts are receiving updates via orange etc...

Can someone please confirm we do as well ?
    03-16-11 07:10 PM
    You can update the phone with or without a contract. At the top of this section is a thread with the download links to the latest official os build (.448). Download the file and install on your pc. You can then use it to update your phone while it's connected to the computer (this is known as the Apploader method). Be sure to do a backup of your phone before attempting the upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 08:45 PM
    Thank you for replying .. but im quite lost .. I only saw a thread for .337 and the other one is for 3 UK ...
    03-17-11 05:09 AM
    Does not matter who you get an OS update from. The latest "official"(only thing that makes it official as opposed to a leak is if a carrier decides they want to push it out to their customers) OS is from Rodgers actually and is .448, the latest leaked OS is .486.
    03-17-11 06:20 AM
    Does not matter who you get an OS update from. The latest "official"(only thing that makes it official as opposed to a leak is if a carrier decides they want to push it out to their customers) OS is from Rodgers actually and is .448, the latest leaked OS is .486.
    Oh alright that makes sense !! Thanks !

But will getting update from (e.g.) Orange or O2 keep the second language in the phone ?? Or that doesnt matter ?
    03-17-11 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD