I recently upgraded from a BB 8900 to a Torch. The phone is great but it seems that everytime i set a custom ringtone for a specific contact, it automatically replaces the text message tone for that contact with 'Sanguine Remix'.

This is frustrating as i didn't even want to set a specific text message tone for that person, but unless i change it to something else i'll be hearing Sanguine Remix for quite some time. It also seems to affect email notification sounds for that particular contact as well as standard text messages.

On the old 8900 i only had the option to set a custom ringtone, which was fine...that's all i want to do now as well - but it seems like if i do this i also HAVE to set a custom message tone or be stuck with Sanguine Remix.

Help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    10-13-10 05:15 PM
    Is your device plugged into your computer when this happens by chance?
    10-13-10 05:20 PM
    No, it's not. I've only connected it to a computer twice - once for a device switch and again to sync some mp3s to use as my custom alerts.

It's weird, just having another look...it doesn't allow me to delete a custom tone either. Instead it only allows me to choose something else.

Very annoying!
    10-13-10 05:25 PM
    Which OS are you running?
    10-13-10 05:26 PM
    It looks like 6.4.0.105
    10-13-10 05:35 PM
    No, sorry...it's 6.0.0. It says two different things and is a little confusing. It's on Orange UK...we only got them over here this week.
    10-13-10 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD