I've never really taken that into account for my phone. I've dropped my tour so many times, face down a few times, it's even been submerged in water and it still works like new. I might be able to get away with a torch if it could handle a crash or two but it seems like they'll break anytime dropped on a hard surface..?
    09-21-10 02:44 AM
    I've never really taken that into account for my phone. I've dropped my tour so many times, face down a few times, it's even been submerged in water and it still works like new. I might be able to get away with a torch if it could handle a crash or two but it seems like they'll break anytime dropped on a hard surface..?
    The Tour has a plastic screen, the Torch a glass screen. Does it make sense now?
    09-21-10 06:43 AM
    The Tour has a plastic screen, the Torch a glass screen. Does it make sense now?
    thanks tips, it took your words of brilliance for me to understand that after reading that multiple times in the thread before you.

that was sarcasm brw. does it make sense now?
    Last edited by ShaneN.; 09-21-10 at 08:39 AM.
    09-21-10 08:37 AM
    The Torch really seems to be much more fragile than any Blackberry I've had before. My Curve 8310 and my Bold 9000 were both built like steel and they endured a good number of drops without any real damage with the help of light skin cases. Just to be safe I'll treat mine like it'll break the first time it falls. I said before and I said it again I really wish they could have tempered the glass so it could be much MUCH more impact resistant. I'd honestly be really scared to drop any Blackberry in water much less the Torch.

I don't want to try my luck anymore. My replacement came in yesterday, but that weekend without a Blackberry felt so long. I never want to go through that again.
    09-21-10 08:21 PM
    The Torch really seems to be much more fragile than any Blackberry I've had before. My Curve 8310 and my Bold 9000 were both built like steel and they endured a good number of drops without any real damage with the help of light skin cases. Just to be safe I'll treat mine like it'll break the first time it falls. I said before and I said it again I really wish they could have tempered the glass so it could be much MUCH more impact resistant. I'd honestly be really scared to drop any Blackberry in water much less the Torch.

I don't want to try my luck anymore. My replacement came in yesterday, but that weekend without a Blackberry felt so long. I never want to go through that again.
    I've dropped mine from ear height standing up onto a ceramic tile floor..It landed face down (with screen on against the floor). The bezel got chipped but the screen didn't break
    09-21-10 10:20 PM
    I've dropped mine from ear height standing up onto a ceramic tile floor..It landed face down (with screen on against the floor). The bezel got chipped but the screen didn't break
    Oh wow, that's actually somewhat reassuring. I'm still paranoid, but at least there's still a glimmer of hope. I just hope the front of my Commuter case popping off didn't somehow cause the glass to break.
    09-22-10 12:09 AM
    I've had my Torch 9810 for not quite a year now. I've dropped it multiple times from a normal usage height (Under 5 ft) and the worst things to have happened was the battery cover popped off a couple of time and I got some scratches to the plastic.

Mind you, I do have an Invisible Shield on the phone. Maybe that helps.

I've even dropped it while it was slid open with no problems. Onto concrete several times (what can I say I'm a clutz).

My curve was much the same... dropped multiple times both in and out of an OtterBox. Scratches at worst, nothing other times.

Heck I even had my Torch sit outside overnight frozen to my future mother-in-law's driveway when it fell out of my purse onto the driveway. We stuck it in rice immediately in case of moisture but there was no moisture damage. Battery works perfectly fine too.

I just wish the damn thing didn't freeze up as much. It gets annoying. But I wouldn't trade my phone unless perhaps the iPhone came with a physical keyboard (I HATE typing on my iPod Touch 4 Gen screen -it annoys the **** out of me!).
    09-12-11 02:04 AM

Do you have any idea of the height you dropped your phone and did it land on the screen? Thanks.
    09-13-11 11:31 AM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD