NEW BLACKBERRY USER HERE! And I'm already addicted. I just got this phone under AT&T because I was eligible for an upgrade, I now have a T-Mobile account and I'm thinking of suspending my AT&T and using the device exclusively on T-Mobile.

I've done some research and I know I need to supply the the IMEI code.

Is there anyone on here with the ability to unlock it? I don't want to pay $20 bucks really. Any suggestions?

Thanks and Merry Christmas
    12-20-10 04:21 PM
    I wasn't aware that unlocking the phone cost $20. I know that my father called AT&T to unlock a phone and they supplied him with a code at no charge.
    12-20-10 05:02 PM
    yeah the site i found charges $19.99
    12-20-10 05:07 PM
    So you can call them and they will give you the code? What do I ask for?
    12-20-10 05:08 PM
    Ask for a SIM unlock code. They will probably first tell you they can,t and try to sell you their international services but just blow em a few kisses. You'll get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 05:26 PM
    Yeah when you call, make sure you have the IMEI number (it's obnoxiously long in my opinion) and all pertinent account info, which I'm sure you have in your head.
    12-20-10 05:33 PM
    Tell them you'll be traveling out of the country and want to use another carriers SIM while overseas. Be nice as they do not have to give you the code. Since they have an exclusive on the Torch, they are not required to give out the code.

Also, keep in mind that if you cancel your AT&T plan, there will be an early termination fee.

You also won't get 3G on Tmobile as they use different frequencies than AT&T.
    12-20-10 05:37 PM
    If that doesn't work you can get unlock codes from cellunlock or freethisberrydotcom. Around $5-10. Usually turnaround time for a code about 5 to 10 minutes
    12-20-10 05:37 PM
    Thanks everyone for the info! I appreciate it very much!!
    12-20-10 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD