Hi all, I apologize for sounding like a noob, but I just got my unlocked Torch (AT&T branded, but now on Telus) but when I go to set up my email accounts, I'm only given the options for "Enterprise Activation". Now I know you need a data plan to set up these sort of things and I do have one, however have continually been getting that message.

My internet works fine and most other services work fine (all that I've tested) save for the Facebook app, which tells me that "We cannot reach the Facebook server at this time. Please try again later (100)". I'm not sure if that's related.

Any help I can get I would be greatly appreciated.
    11-24-10 06:01 PM
    I'm guessing you are trying to setup all your html email accounts via BIS. Are you going into the 'Email Setup Application' on the Torch?
    Use the search to find it and signin or setup your BIS account. You can do this on a PC as well. Just Google BIS and your wireless carrier together.
    Hope I'm on track for your question.
    11-24-10 06:08 PM
    Not exactly the fix I needed, but you pointed me in the right direction. I had some issues in regards to my APN and my Host Routing Table. Contacted Telus tech support and surprisingly within 10 minutes they had me up and running.
    11-24-10 07:35 PM
    How did they resolve your issue?
    11-24-10 08:34 PM
    I was having difficulties registering my torch on the Host Routing Table. I could send the message but would never get anything back in terms of a response. I'm not sure if it was something he did or switching my APN to bb.telus.com (with the authentication enabled but both username and password blanked out). After setting these I was able to use the browser, log into facebook (and other social media apps) without issue.

I was surprised that they willingly supported an unlocked device.
    11-25-10 03:30 PM
    I was surprised that they willingly supported an unlocked device.
    They make their money off your contract not the device. If anything they loose money when you buy a device from them (if it's subsidized).
    So it's in their interest to help

Glad it worked out for you. Enjoy the phone!
    11-25-10 03:42 PM
    I have an unlocked Black Berry torch 9800, But I couldn't set up internet. And my number is a t-mobil .
    05-24-11 06:58 PM
    They make their money off your contract not the device. If anything they loose money when you buy a device from them (if it's subsidized).
    So it's in their interest to help

Glad it worked out for you. Enjoy the phone!
    Exactly, service fees would be 100% profit for Telus.
    05-24-11 07:23 PM
    I have an unlocked Black Berry torch 9800, But I couldn't set up internet. And my number is a t-mobil .
    do you have a data plan / BIS plan/account.. have you tried any of the suggestions already posted here?
    05-24-11 08:34 PM
    Yes data plan that supports BIS or internet is key ...
    05-24-11 10:24 PM
    I recently purchased an unlocked Blackberry Torch 9810 in Dubai and when I was in the US I tried using my ATT sim card with the phone. However I tried setting up my email accounts and it would read service not activated for this device. The problem is I have a 3G plan with ATT and when I use the browser I can use the internet but the phone will not connect my email accounts.
    12-26-12 08:58 PM
    Do you have a BLACKBERRY Data Plan (and not a generic smartphone data plan)?
    12-26-12 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD