I just purchased an unlocked BB Torch, when I recieved it I put my T-Mobile sim card in and nothing happened...nothing could not makes calls text etc. I called T-Mobile who was not very supportive since the phone did not come from them, we tried connecting to the network but kept getting an error message that it had "timed out". T-Mobile is sending me a new sim card thinking mine was to old??? Please help before I return the phone I really like it. Thanks in advance.
    01-09-12 04:41 PM
    wait for the new sim
    ive used an older bad sim and the same kind of things happened and the network was stuck on SOS

if that doesnt work, obviously return it, as it might be one of the hidden reasons the seller was selling it
    prada1023 likes this.
    01-09-12 04:57 PM
    You can also check to make sure it is unlocked. Use the Search to find SIM, open the SIM Options, type mepd and it should give you an extended list. It should say Network Disabled if it is unlocked.
    01-09-12 05:01 PM
    Thanks I'll try the new sim first, I bought it from overstock and it's was refurbished hopefully it's not a dub! I checked and it is unlocked, finger crossed. Thanks
    01-09-12 05:20 PM
    Did you place it in 2G??? under mobile network options?
    01-09-12 07:47 PM
    Yes I tried the 2G, pulling battery out everything, T-Mobile put me on the BB plan still nothing...
    01-10-12 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD