I have a BB Torch 9800 which was locked for use with ATT network in the US. I unlocked it myself using a SIM from IDEA (India). I bought the unlock code online. Prior to the I was using BBM and internet on the phone via wifi, but after successfully unlocking the phone neither is it working with Idea SIM, nor is it working with ATT SIM. Also, BBM and email has stopped working over my wifi network, however, I can still browse. I want to do two things:

1) Be able to use Idea SIM while I am in India.
    2) Use my original ATT SIM as soon as I land in the US.

How do I fix it. Please help.

Thank you.
    06-16-12 11:51 AM
    The unlocking of your Blackberry Torch 9800 has nothing to do with the data connection that you are using with your device.

You need a Blackberry data plan activated from your carrier to use BBM (even on wifi).
    So, if you had a Blackberry data plan from AT&T and then you got your Blackberry unlocked and now using a sim card froim another carrier in India you need to get a Blackberry data plan from this carrier to get those services..

When you get the data reinstall the service books so it can fit your carrier (contact your carrier in India and ask them to send you the service books update), to activate the data service you can also go to the device options and select the "host routing table" and register your device (click menu > register now).

When you unlock Blackberry it's not effecting the older settings but if you will use data service from another carrier when you come back to the US and switch back to AT&T do the same after you insert your AT&T sim card to your unlocked Blackberry...
    06-19-12 04:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD