I updated my torch to the new torch os 6.0 bundle 2342 and my browser servicebooks never could come back no matter what i try from this website. i tried downgrading to the previous bundle and now it wont let me set up my e-mail because it says an update to the newest bundle is required. i'm using a torch unlocked from at&t on a gci alaska carrier. any help?
    06-04-11 06:01 AM
    I have the same problem with my 9800 and the latest upgrade (6.0.0.570). Can't get the internet browser working on cellular. Works on WIFI. Never had this problem on earlier versions. Everything else works on cellular (maps, Opera mini, google sync, ...).
    I'm using the custom service books.

The internet browser tells me :
    "Browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. To browse the web you must use WI-FI or change your service plan."
    Made it work eventually:
    Navigate to: Options -> Advanced System Settings -> Host Routing Table
    Then select from menu: Register Now

A few days passed, and suddenly I got a message the phone was registered.

So, now everything works using TCP/IP (and no BIS/BES).
    Last edited by espen; 06-06-11 at 11:53 PM.
    06-06-11 02:42 AM
    I updated my torch to the new torch os 6.0 bundle 2342 and my browser servicebooks never could come back no matter what i try from this website. i tried downgrading to the previous bundle and now it wont let me set up my e-mail because it says an update to the newest bundle is required. i'm using a torch unlocked from at&t on a gci alaska carrier. any help?

I have the EXACT problem. I have tried everything and nothing is working..Please HELP!!!
    06-15-11 08:24 PM
    tried typing Alt+s Alt+b alt+e alt+b on the "Service Book" screen on the phone?

This shold acknowledge with the message: "Legacy SB Restore Enabled", allowing you to restore service book entries.
    06-16-11 12:06 AM
    XANDERMAC....

Can you help? Please read my post, sent today "no incoming or outgoing calls w torch on tmobile-everything else works fine"....anything you could offer to help would be much appreciated. tks
    06-16-11 03:07 PM
    I have the same problem. I tried everything 3 times already with 2 different T-Mobile phones. I backed up both to my laptop with the service books and nothing yet works yet. Miner detail.. I had T-Mobile Flex Pay before and everything was working. Now I updated to torch os 6.0 bundle 2342 and switched to Pre-Paid Unlimited $50.00 package and now Browser, Facebook, etc doesn't work...

Does anyone know whats going on? Im in Chicago, IL, USA.
    06-16-11 08:12 PM
    I FINALLY GOT IT FIXED!! The problem was the new version. Whoever is having my problem needs to downgrade to the previous version, then follow the steps on this post with your previous T-Mobile phone, and then backup and upgrade back to the new version. I have been going on 28 hours now of working on this...

FINALLY!!! I love CrackBerry!!!!! And my Torch 9800
    06-16-11 09:02 PM
    Please what does MeP mean?
    07-08-11 05:28 AM
    If you follow all the instructions, yes, everything will work. it'll be a two step process. First, follow the crackutil guide to get the servicebooks on the device for full internes access, then find the UMA thread and follow those instructions to get UMA working. It's pretty simple if you're remotely technically proficient.

Btw, even when T-Mobile do support OS6 and have servicebooks for this device you'll still have to do the UMA fix manually as T-Mobile can't activate that for you themselves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    iv got a opposite question. i just brought a torch from ebay locked to t-mobile, i want to use my three sim (uk). if i unlock it wont i be able to use 3g apps like sky sports mobile tv, and other bb services.
    07-09-11 07:47 PM
    thank you very much, everything works perfect.
    07-15-11 01:31 AM
    A quick question how would you be bale to do this if you are new to the carrier and don't have any phone. I'm changing from AT&T to T-Mobile and i have a torch, that's why i want to know if it's even possible doing all this without a T-mobile BB phone? Thank you very much.
    07-15-11 04:39 AM
    hey, im new in blackberry and i don't have another blackberry but the bb torch. what can i do in this case?
    07-15-11 02:52 PM
    i dont have another blackberry. what can i do in this case?
    07-15-11 02:54 PM
    Can someone give a quick explanation of what this thread does?
    I have a torch and want to get it unlocked so I can use it in Europe with a foreign sim card.

Does this thread say that if I just get it unlocked, I won't be able to use it on another carrier until I go through all those steps, so it's not as simple as just unlocking it? If not, what doesn't work and what does after unlocking it? With my bold 9000, I just unlocked it, and used it abroad, over a year ago, making calls, using google maps, and browsing using the bolt browser. I just couldn't use my blackberry browser.

Right away the instructions in this thread say to "Switch your SIM into your old device". What old device are the talking about? I wish there was an explanatain of what this sticky thread does and what problem it addresses.

Thanks, in advance, for any help on this.
    08-03-11 09:19 AM
    08-10-11 11:56 PM
    Follow the instructions on the OP exactly. Worked like a charm in 2 minutes. Thank you!
    08-11-11 10:22 AM
    if you want an unlocked bb - just get it from phones 4 u (if u live in the UK of course)! me and my two sisters got torch's from p 4 u when it was released last year on o2, o2 and orange and they are all unlocked - except that the o2/orange logo appears on screen on start up. otherwise, they are unbranded and any sim works (tried and tested).

one downside i suppose is that if any issues do occur with your handset - can only tell u about the orange phone as i havent had any issues (so far) and am on o2 - if u go thru orange to get a replacement fone they will not issue you with a like-for-like as purchased handset as their policy is to not sell unlocked handsets (p 4 u sold the phone but on an orange contract). so my sister had to go through p 4 u for a replacement handset when her torch (inevitably) broke.

you may ask why didnt she just go straight to p 4 u, but they said they could not guarantee giving her a replacement for her phone (they would check if they could repair it first) and even if they would replace it, it would be a refurbished handset. orange were offering her a brand spanking new torch without even sending the old one off for repair. luckily, due to an error in phones 4 u's repair centre, she got a completely brand new handset (still unlocked) woohoo!!

p.s. my o2 torch is only unlocked in the uk (weird) - it did not work when abroad with a foreign sim :'( (sad and strange) dont worry though i put my foreign sim in my old ipod (iphone 2g) instead when i went away. so the iphone still has some use outside being an ipod!

but i dont go away that much so doesnt really matter to me. however the orange torch does work abroad with foreign sims.
    Last edited by marsalltheway; 08-12-11 at 01:25 PM.
    08-12-11 01:18 PM
    also, if i was to unlock my torch (for international use) is there any way i can do this without my old bb handset? i traded in my old bold when i got the torch and as a result there are no spare bb's in my house (although i can get access to another torch on the same network as me).

or can i unlock another way?
    08-12-11 01:21 PM
    hi i have a blackberry torch 9800 its been working fine untill yestoday it will not let me phone out or let people ring or txt me it just says service currently unavailable but i can still use my bbm messanger an internet fine i dont know what to do??? if u have answer email me on [email protected] i also tried my sim in anotehr phone an works fine so its not my network providers
    08-14-11 10:32 AM
    i want an iphone now...shame on me
    08-15-11 08:21 PM
    A quick question how would you be bale to do this if you are new to the carrier and don't have any phone. I'm changing from AT&T to T-Mobile and i have a torch, that's why i want to know if it's even possible doing all this without a T-mobile BB phone? Thank you very much.
    you can buy a sim card and buy a device, unlock the device and it will work with your SIM card.
    09-09-11 06:15 AM
    Can someone give a quick explanation of what this thread does?
    I have a torch and want to get it unlocked so I can use it in Europe with a foreign sim card.

Does this thread say that if I just get it unlocked, I won't be able to use it on another carrier until I go through all those steps, so it's not as simple as just unlocking it? If not, what doesn't work and what does after unlocking it? With my bold 9000, I just unlocked it, and used it abroad, over a year ago, making calls, using google maps, and browsing using the bolt browser. I just couldn't use my blackberry browser.

Right away the instructions in this thread say to "Switch your SIM into your old device". What old device are the talking about? I wish there was an explanatain of what this sticky thread does and what problem it addresses.

Thanks, in advance, for any help on this.
    You can just unlock it and use it with another carrier if it's a GSM carrier in Europe.. you will only need to update the service books to get BBM / MMS and services to work with your BIS. but you can just insert the SIM card into your unlocked device and you can use it for calls and SMS without even using data plan.. even with prepaid sim cards.
    09-12-11 01:32 PM
    I've entered all the settings and even got uma enabled. But for some reason my browser still does not work when I'm not around wifi. It works perfectly on wifi and uma but not while running on edge. I talked to t mobile, I have the bb data plan, yet I still get the message you can not browse. I even wiped the whole phone and did it again, still nothing. Funny thing is though, emails still come through. I've also resent the service books.
    09-18-11 02:36 PM
    ok i got my phone unlocked this weekend but my web dont work everything else dose! why cant i get on???
    10-17-11 03:26 PM
    You most likely need to input the carrier's apn settings
    10-17-11 08:11 PM
538 ... 19202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD