Two questions for you.

I just bought a new BB Torch through AT&T and travel a lot. I want this booger unblocked so I can use my Czech SIM card in it when overseas. How do I unblock it?

Second question - How do I lock the keyboard? My old Curve had a lock icon button which worked perfectly. This one only seems to have the lock button on the top of the device. I lock it but when I slip it into my pocket, I unlock it. I then found the password lock but it's a pain in the ... because I need to put in the password every time I want to open it. Is there an easier route?

Thanks!!
    05-02-11 07:44 AM
    For the "unblocking" unlocking, I have used freethisberry.com. Fast friendly and only costs a few bucks.

Your lock issue can simply be fixed by using a case or holster designed for the phone, or with an app such as pattern lock. The holster wil also put your berry to sleep saving on your battery.
    johnprague likes this.
    05-02-11 07:48 AM
    Hey I live in the US and i could not get ATT to unlock mine torch,,, they told me it was not available... 5 minutes later i bought a code for less that $10. and did it my self. Its very easy.

I agree about the holster.
    05-02-11 09:01 AM
    I recommend that you use a software locker such as SwipeLock or Keyboard Lock (I use SwipeLock). I also have the holster. But the problem with only using the holster for locking purpose is that when you get the Torch out of the holster the phone automatically unlocks before you have a chance to have the phone in position to operate it. The end result is that you end up touching icons you don't want. Apps like SwipeLock allows you to pull it out and when the phone is firmly in your hand you unlock it by sliding your thumb on the touch screen ; all with one hand.
    05-05-11 09:59 AM
    Two questions for you.

I just bought a new BB Torch through AT&T and travel a lot. I want this booger unblocked so I can use my Czech SIM card in it when overseas. How do I unblock it?

Second question - How do I lock the keyboard? My old Curve had a lock icon button which worked perfectly. This one only seems to have the lock button on the top of the device. I lock it but when I slip it into my pocket, I unlock it. I then found the password lock but it's a pain in the ... because I need to put in the password every time I want to open it. Is there an easier route?

Thanks!!
    For unlocking, freethisberry.com, and cellunlock.net are my two preferred providers of unlock codes, CellUnlock being my first choice, as I've used them since 2009.

If you search for Storm/Torch lock apps, you'll find a large selection. There are lots of options, loubies mentioned two good ones.
    05-05-11 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD