I have the Torch. I am unable to connect to Rim's push network, Att 3g bar shows five bars and I can make calls and send texts but recieving email or using bbm cant be done.

weird thing, when i log on to a wifi connection RIms icon comes back and i start recieving email and bbm works.

I am going to call att, anyone else have this issue?
    08-23-10 10:18 AM
    The fact that you can connect to BIS over Wifi means RIM has your account correctly provisioned.

The next step is to check your settings. Options / Mobile Network / Connection Preferences: Wifi Preferred. If you are currently set to Wifi Only, that would explain failure to connect through your carrier.

That leaves AT&T provisioning. Customer service should be able to correct that, and perhaps bonus you for your troubles.
    08-23-10 10:24 AM
    I have the Torch. I am unable to connect to Rim's push network, Att 3g bar shows five bars and I can make calls and send texts but recieving email or using bbm cant be done.

weird thing, when i log on to a wifi connection RIms icon comes back and i start recieving email and bbm works.

I am going to call att, anyone else have this issue?

Yes and for me it appears to have been caused by the Wi-Fi Music Sync such that once you disconnect from your home network it will not re-connect the 3G/RIM network.

I had to wipe and reinstall my phone and NOT re-connect to Wi-Fi Music Sync.

There is also another thread on this issue
    08-23-10 11:11 AM
    Yes and for me it appears to have been caused by the Wi-Fi Music Sync such that once you disconnect from your home network it will not re-connect the 3G/RIM network.

I had to wipe and reinstall my phone and NOT re-connect to Wi-Fi Music Sync.

There is also another thread on this issue
    DOH! yes i did do wi fi music sync, thanks for the info
    08-23-10 12:04 PM
    08-23-10 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD