For me, when I get into blackberry app world, click "My Account," and then press "payment options," a little black box with a green circle pops up for a tenth of a second and then nothing else happens. No error message appears or anything, just that little image appears for a short time and nothing else. On a Blackberry 9800 and am very close to throwing it against the wall.
    A screen had come up at one point while trying to do an in-app purchase that I could no longer pay using the billing method, so I went online and changed it from my computer to my credit card. however I still cannot pay for apps and when I try to access "payment options," the description above happens.
    Anyone have a solution for this? Thanks.

*note* when I try to make a purchase in the app store, the following comes up after I have to re-enter my BBiD password: "Your system administrator has prevented carrier billing on this device. Please change your current payment method." However, I have already switched my payment method to credit card. Thanks for helping!
    Last edited by Harris Miller; 09-06-13 at 04:04 AM.
    09-06-13 03:48 AM
    Perhaps you could try changing it up using a web browser. Go to BlackBerry World on a browser, login with you BBID and change your payment option from there. It should then sync that option with your device.

Out of curiosity, have you tried to change the payment option via the settings with in BlackBerry World?
    09-06-13 06:10 AM
    Don't know if this is related but I have 3 updates BlackBerry maps, box and Dropbox and when I try to download them I just get a spinning circle like it's trying to connect and can't.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 06:19 AM
    I have a similar problem in that when I go to payment options through settings, I get the message, "Unable to complete update. Please try again later" in red lettering. I need to update my credit card info. I'll try going through my pc into blackberry world and see if that works.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 07:10 AM
    I had a quite similar Problem. I wanted to pay for an app with paypal but the exact same thing happened to me with this black box green circle thing.

AN when I wanted to pay it came with an error message telling me that I was not logged in to my paypal account for too long and I have to do this to make it work again. I did log in my account... nothing changed!

Here is what I did to make it work again!

1. I changed the Payment method here: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=DE&lang=en
    2. I bought an app online in the browser and installed it via my computer
    3. Now I changed my payment method back to paypal and it asked me to revalidate my paypal account --> I did do this...
    4. all is back to normal it then showed me that my approval for RIM to charge me just lasts for one year then you have to redo this procedure! :/

So this is how it worked for me! I hope I could help you!!

If you have any questions just let me know!

cheers
    Steve

using BB Torch 9800
    12-05-13 06:46 AM