I'm not sure which section to put this, so if it's in the wrong place, please move this, thanks.

When I call people over UMA, they can hear me, but I can't hear them. I can use my mobile network, but why use it when I have a UMA plan included free with my student plan.

Another reason is that in my house, I like to use wifi for browsing, email, facebook etc, and have to go to connection preference, wifi preferred. Unless any of you guys know how to prefer wifi with broswing, email, facebook, etc and also use 3G for voice, please tell me.

Thanks.
    12-14-10 05:08 PM
    Is your router setup properly to port forward? There are instructions on how to do so in the how to section or wifi section of the forums. As far as not using UMA, it should do voice over the cellular network and data over wifi by default, no problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by shansmi; 12-14-10 at 06:54 PM.
    12-14-10 06:48 PM
    If you're talking about this guide :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

The 'Optimizing for UMA Calling' section is incomplete so I'm unsure of how to do it.

And another thing, if I leave it on 'Mobile Network Only' and turn wifi on, if there's a wifi connection it will automatically use wifi over 3G correct?
    12-14-10 07:37 PM
    Yes that is what should happen. I thought there was a UMA specific guide with pics of how to configure a linksys router for UMA. I sure there is one here on CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD