RIMM have told all UK resellers that they are holding back until 8th October release date..

Why?

I don't know.

Reason I know?

Reseller who I pre-ordered from has just called me to inform me.

Gutted? Yes..

But..Hopefully they're sorting out the last bits/bugs with these beta os's.
    09-23-10 08:23 AM
    I really hope this isn't true, as mine has been pre-ordered since the 14th September. I have had no warning from Vodafone (release date 27th September) about a delay in the due date...only has a few days until its due so I am sure Vodafone wouldn't leave it last minute and probably have some Torch's in stock at the moment being readied for delivery on Monday.
    09-23-10 08:46 AM
    I see no reason for them to lie about it, they even told me if I see it anywhere else before they do, they will even give me a full refund. They are expecting to be the first suppliers in the uk to get it.
    09-23-10 09:40 AM
    I've emailed Vodafone to see what exactly is happening. I'll be very disappointed if it is delayed, as Vodafone have said nothing so far.
    09-23-10 10:22 AM
    They have changed the wording on their Pre-order page from saying it 'will ship for delivery by 27 Sep' to 'we will aim to deliver from 27 Sep'.

That's very different.
    09-23-10 10:49 AM
    I hope it's at least in September :/ the sooner I can get shot of this bloody Orange contract and nab a Torch on Vodafone the better!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 11:04 AM
    I have pre-ordered through Vodafone and have not heard anything as yet to say there will be a delay. I would hope they would let us know as soon as possible as opposed to on the day.

This probably means nothing as he was trying to get a sale but i posed as a new customer through the online chat feature and asked if the 27th was accurate and not delayed as stated on some websites and was reassured it was. I take that with a pinch of salt though.
    I'll wait to hear back from the v-store as i've asked them the same question re my order
    09-23-10 12:25 PM
    i spoke to Vodafone today and they are still quoting despatch on the 27th with delivery on the 28th......
    09-23-10 12:25 PM
    wot is RIM doing with the torch... honestly, could all this just be a sign not to get it?!
    the poor reviews..
    laggy OS with initial release..
    now delays in canada and possibly UK...
    09-23-10 03:10 PM
    I spoke to the Vodafone staff and they said, quoted:

The Blackberry Torch 9800 is likely to be launched on 27th September 2010. We have no updated on whether the launched will be delayed
    So it looks okay for Vodafone UK customers at the moment!
    09-23-10 04:26 PM
    Hi guys, im 90% sure that vodafone pre-orders will be shipped on the 27th. Vodafone is the only carrier to get the torch on this date. Others will have to wait unfortunately.
    09-23-10 06:52 PM
    i went down to the torch fashion catwalk thing at high street kensington in london last weekend.. (its open till 24th). the torch they had displayed there were on vodafone uk.

the guy there told me orange is releasing it on the 24th
    vodafone 27th and o2 sometime in october... he seemed to have a list on him with the dates written on it..
    09-23-10 07:22 PM
    i guess this is why o2 dont do pre-orders. saves on a tonne of disappointment :P
    09-24-10 05:38 AM
    I'm in Manchester today and will be checking all phone shops/carriers etc will let you know if I find out anything new.
    I really want this phone!

09-24-10 05:44 AM
    I went into my local Vodafone store but unfortunately there were no Torch's on display. But speaking to two different staff areas of Vodafone, the release date is 27th September.
    09-24-10 08:19 AM
    Been inn every phone shop in Manchester and noone can give me a definitive release date for the 9800

Oh well gonna have to wait until the 8th

09-24-10 08:48 AM
    Vodafone - 27th September.
    09-24-10 08:54 AM
    That's not the answer I received when I spoke to them. They didn't have a clue and couldn't confirm a date.

I hope it is 27th for you

Good luck

09-24-10 08:58 AM
    I don't think in-store Vodafone staff are as up-to-date as the on-line team. I emailed the support team for Vodafone online and they told me the 27th. I then spoke to a chat advisor and they also reassured me it was the 27th. Due to the short amount of time left, they would have told us surely if there was a delay.
    09-24-10 09:05 AM
    Stopped by my local Voda shop, in the hope that they at least had the dummies so I could handle one, check out how the size & weight felt etc.

The manager agreed that the launch had been set for Monday but he said he'd been told that 'that wasn't going to happen' and he thought it would arrive in another couple of weeks.

Nothing that we didn't already know, really, but disappointing nevertheless.
    09-24-10 10:04 AM
    I don't think in-store Vodafone staff are as up-to-date as the on-line team. I emailed the support team for Vodafone online and they told me the 27th. I then spoke to a chat advisor and they also reassured me it was the 27th. Due to the short amount of time left, they would have told us surely if there was a delay.
    rogers canada announced a delay the day b4 launch lol... nay, on the day of launch!
    anything is possible with RIMM.

i've learnt that if they can end-of-life the storm 2 just 9 months after production, they can do anything lol.
    09-24-10 12:10 PM
    Dammit...
    it's now definitely delayed!!!

VF just changed their website from 27 Sep to 1st october.
    09-24-10 12:42 PM
    yup, sucks real bad, now says from 1st

BlackBerry Torch - Buy the BlackBerry Torch on Vodafone
    09-24-10 01:01 PM
    yup, sucks real bad, now says from 1st

BlackBerry Torch - Buy the BlackBerry Torch on Vodafone
    Aagh this truly does suck!! See below online chat trancript:

Natalie: Hi Nicola

Natalie: how are you today ?

You: Hi, i'm good and you

Natalie: great

Natalie: I'm fine. Thank you !

Natalie: How may I help you today?

You: I'm looking at pre ordering the Blackberry torch and i've noticed the release date has changed from the 27th Spet to the 1st Oct.

Natalie: hmm

You: A colleague of mine had pre ordered last week will they also wait to the 1st or is it a staggered release

Natalie: let me check that for you

Natalie: Pre-order today to receive yours first - expected 1 October

You: ok so no one will get it prior to that?

Natalie: limited stock
    09-24-10 01:29 PM
    Well at least everyone is in the same boat.

I knew my source was good, in a bad kind of way
    09-26-10 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD