New Torch user and love it. This is my first post so please be gentle, as I know the questions are probably idiotic! Here it goes:

1. What is Web client and how is it used? Done some searches but no clear answers that I can find.

2. I was playing with my friend's Torch and noticed he has a TV app, which I don't have? He says it came standard on his Torch. Should I have this? He is on BIS and i'm on BES, in case that matters.

Many thx in advance.
    10-22-10 12:48 PM
    Good questions Johnny

1) I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about with this one..so I won't even attempt to answer about something I don't know.

2) As far as the TV App goes..it could be something that came factory from his carrier..so if you have different Carriers this could be the explanation. Or it could be the fact that your on BES ,which due to work restrictions will limit what you can and can't have on your phone..at least to my best knowledge. As i've never used BES i can't state for certain, but i'm pretty sure that's the way it works.
    10-22-10 01:21 PM
    Thx Rickroller. On the first question, I have an icon on the All homescreen that looks the other email icons, but says "Web Client". When I open it it simply says, "no messages." Just wondering what that is.

So I take it from your response that you don't have the TV app either? Maybe it is a carrier issue. He's on Bell, and I'm on Rogers. Or then again, maybe its a BIS/BES issue, but my company didn't do a thing to my BB, as I got it myself and no one else has touched it. Most likely a carrier perk for Bell customers.
    10-22-10 01:39 PM
    I have a new BB9700 and it's the second charge. It had drained to off when I plugged it in this time. Eventually I saw the clockface (that was new). So I wanted to see if was on, and it was, so I turned it off. When I did, the LED yellow stopped and nothing happened. I unplugged and replugged in, and it went back to charging again. So questions: Does the clockface appear if the phone is on to charge? Two, why do you think it stopped charging when I shut it off (still plugged in)....why not have continued blinking? Thank you.
    10-22-10 01:58 PM
    Not sure I have full answers to your questions, but I'll take a stab:

1. Web Client for me usually means the web version of an email client, so I'm wondering if that got added when your BES was setup.

2. I'm on AT&T and the default TV apps are PrimeTime2Go and MobiTV. Both are in my Media folder/screen. They're pay-for services so I don't use them, but they did come pre-installed on my Torch. If you have your BB setup on BES, your company's IT could have a policy that removes such apps as soon as BES is applied. Or, it's a carrier issue.
    10-22-10 01:58 PM
    Yea I don't have the TV app either, and I'm on Telus. When I had my storm i remember there being a Telus Tv app..but it's just Firmware from the carriers.
    10-22-10 02:00 PM
    I have a new BB9700 and it's the second charge. It had drained to off when I plugged it in this time. Eventually I saw the clockface (that was new). So I wanted to see if was on, and it was, so I turned it off. When I did, the LED yellow stopped and nothing happened. I unplugged and replugged in, and it went back to charging again. So questions: Does the clockface appear if the phone is on to charge? Two, why do you think it stopped charging when I shut it off (still plugged in)....why not have continued blinking? Thank you.
    Just and FYI you're in the wrong section with this one...but to answer your one question: Yes..generally when the phone is charging the clock interface pops up. As to why it stopped when you shut it off..i'm not entirely sure. It might not have stopped charging but perhaps just went into a "sleep" mode or something..but perhaps a former Bold user would be able to clarify.
    10-22-10 02:02 PM
    Not sure I have full answers to your questions, but I'll take a stab:

1. Web Client for me usually means the web version of an email client, so I'm wondering if that got added when your BES was setup.

2. I'm on AT&T and the default TV apps are PrimeTime2Go and MobiTV. Both are in my Media folder/screen. They're pay-for services so I don't use them, but they did come pre-installed on my Torch. If you have your BB setup on BES, your company's IT could have a policy that removes such apps as soon as BES is applied. Or, it's a carrier issue.
    Thx alot Branflakes. Makes a lot of sense. Not going to worry about the TV app, as I wouldn't use it anyway, but I was just curious.
    10-22-10 02:08 PM
    I'm on Bell and I have the "tv app" called Bell Media Player. For my plan I have unlimited NHL games on my phone if I ever choose to watch them so that's what it does for me. It also has other stations like HBO that are locked. I imagine they're pay-as-you-go. Alas, data heavy program... BIS would want a large data plan to cover it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD