Two things are happening since Saturday when I installed the new upgrade. When the phone first restarted after the upgrade I got a "Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error" window, but I said OK and everything seemed fine after that.

I had to load the update by downloading the software for the handset, installing it on my PC, and then running Loader.exe, I was unable to update through DM. I really don't want to contact AT&T tech support for this, I'm sure they won't know!

The second thing was that I permanently have a little icon telling me I have a facebook alert although I don't. I did a battery pull this morning to see if the icon would go away. It didn't, but I got the uncaught exception again (doesn't happen at normal turning on of the phone).

In between, the phone seems to operate fine. How do I find out what this uncaught exception relates to, and how do I kill the FB icon??

Thanks!
    10-11-11 07:54 AM
    Adding a note, after a couple of times through the log (which you get by typing "alt-lglg" on the home screen, I discovered when googling this problem) I saw that it was Twitter throwing the exception. I don't tweet so I deleted that and the problem went away... Maybe this will help someone else getting the exception.

The FB icon came from the "The Next Step"notification you get when installing the app, and which you can only see and get rid of by going into the app and getting into your notifications there and deleting it. Sneaky...
    Last edited by fotyc; 10-11-11 at 08:40 AM. Reason: more info might help someone else
    10-11-11 08:27 AM
    I have had a fb icon for weeks that I finally just gave up trying to get rid of. I go into the app, notifications, and the only there is a list of photos that I uploaded. I marked all prior opened, didn't work, then deleted all prior, didn't work. Went to the area to check the box not to give me notifications, didn't work. That app is the crappiest app EVER. I only use the mobile site but I'm afraid if I delete the app I will still have the srupid notification!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-11 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD