Ok, I've been using Twitter for BB ever since, and prefered it to Ubersocial; but at the same time; TFBB is just laggy!
    I have even updated TFBB to version 1.1.0.17 beta, thinking that it will address the laggy UI...it still didn't!
    At some point, I just thought the lag was as a result of either the OS(.448), or the hardware of the Torch.
    Lo and behold, I decided to try another Twitter client...'TweetGenuis', to see if I would still experience a laggy UI.
    To my surprise, it was so smooth on my Torch as it will on an iphone or Android device.
    So it got me wondering...is it that RIM, just don't know how to build smooth apps for their mobile devices?
    Even the new FB v2.0 beta, with all its unique features, still isn't smooth to scroll on, and I am sure, if there were other FB clients, they might run as smooth as other Twitter clients on the Torch...or other BB devices.
    Thoughts...
    Last edited by halasteve; 04-03-11 at 07:44 AM.
    04-03-11 07:26 AM
    I haven't had any lag issues on the twitter app, even after switching to the beta version a few days ago. I was on OS .246 then upgraded to .486 with a hybrid and since last night have been on the new leaked .526 which seems great all around. Even so I had no issues with twitter, as mentioned.
    04-03-11 11:41 AM
    Try to upgrade the latest OS or maybe the latest leaked OS, it will help (maybe?)
    04-03-11 12:49 PM
    I alsways give it 10 sec or so to load. After that it runs ok. Tweetgenius is more smooth by it doesn't link other apps to it (FB, BBM, Contacts).

RIMs problem is that they try too much too fast. KISS for the first few releases and then start adding on.
    04-03-11 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD