I currently have a Curve 8310 using AT&T. I am due for an upgrade and trying to make my decision. I am considering the BB Torch and the Samsung Captivate. My hubby thinks that I should either get the Captivate or just change to Verizon to get a Droid2 or DroidX.

I have read several early reviews of the Torch that mentioned several software bugs. I was wondering if the problems have been taken care of or if it is not as widespread as many reviews make it out to be?
    09-27-10 12:43 PM
    you should go read the threads about OS upgrades, a lot of the early software bugs are fixed if you upgrade to a leaked OS. you either love BB and want to stick with it, or you want to try something new with android. has your husband used a BB before? otherwise, his opinion is really kind of invalid. think about what YOU want, and check out the other threads about fixes, etc.
    09-27-10 12:52 PM
    Yea..most of the early bugs have been worked out..including the ones that made the phone feel "laggy". However this will require upgrading the OS to a leaked version..and if that's something you're not comfortable doing, then you will have to make a decision.

Best bet is to go down and play with both phones..as well as do as much online research about the pros and cons of each one. Ultimately if you've grown used to the BB experience then you may find it hard to switch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 01:05 PM
    The latest 'leaked' OS addresses many of the issues of the stock OS. My Torch with the original OS did not seem to have most of the issues people were complaining about but I went ahead and updated to the leaked OS and it has made a great device even better.

As was said before... it's all about what YOU want in a device. My brother has a 'Droid and we swapped devices for an hour or so... I really couldn't say I'd trade for his and he said he wouldn't want mine. To each his own.
    09-27-10 01:08 PM
    I currently have a 9700 and an android phone at home. The plan was to sell the 9700. Ended up finding an issue and sent it out for repairs. During that 3 weeks I ended up wanting to go back to BB. I still play around with android from time to time and do like the much larger screen and the better browsing. Im getting a 9800 now and hopefully its kinda a mix of both worlds.
    09-27-10 01:13 PM
    The Torch out of the box is good. Coming from a Bolp 9000,I was happy with my new Torch; despite a few minor annoyances in the delivered OS, I hjad no regretful isssues.. Just foir grins, I upgraded to a leaked OS after reading good reviews about it, and it eradicated all those minor annoyances and generally made a good device even better. As someone else suggested, best bet is to try one for yoursellf if you can. I was very hesitant before I purchased, but I have absoluutey no regrets now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 01:13 PM
    Thanks everyone! Good to hear that the bugs are an easy fix. Looks like I'll be sticking with my BB
    09-27-10 01:36 PM
    Running OS .141 with no major issues. It all comes down to this. Does the Torch meet your needs? Is the messaging capability more of a priority than entertainment? If so, get the Torch. Go into a store and test drive the device that they bring out. If it passes your test, then buy it. Getting feedback and opinions are nice to consider but you are the one that has to live with your choice, at least for 30 days.
    09-27-10 01:39 PM
    I love my Curve. BB has all that I need and then some. I am not one to sit and play games on my phone, etc. I think that is why I am more inclined to stay than my hubby. He is an iphone guy who is planning to switch to a droid, but I still love him, lol!
    09-27-10 01:49 PM
    After the last 9 months playing with different phones from different providers. You have to go hands on before you actually commit.

I had a Torch in my hands over this last weekend. Amazing piece of equipment. Smooth, easy to use, no clunky (click) like the Storm, browser speed is outstanding, image zoom (pinch) and no battery pull required..

I spent a few hours trying to crash the phone - I failed. I did slow it down but that was about it. If you had to stay with AT&T and wanted to remain with Blackberry - THIS is the phone for you!

I can tell you that the phones using the Andriod OS are good and work well on their respective networks.

Preferentially - Verizon has much better connectivity over a larger (more rural) area. So switching to Verizon I would recommend an Andriod based phone.. the current list of Blackberry phones on Verizon are limited in speed and have some bugs in their OSs.
    09-27-10 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD