Got the Atrix a few days ago, and I am missing my 9800.

So far this is how i see it:

Things i like more about the Atrix
    -Nicer screen
    -Amazing web browser
    -Better camera and HD video
    -Gaming/apps

Things i like more about the 9800
    -Email and messaging(maybe im dumb but i couldnt figure out how to select a contact when i forward an email?!?) Seems like there is always an extra step or two when i need to do something on the Atrix.
    -Customization of alerts/profiles
    -Music player, much better than the android Atrix version
    -Faster and easier to access the things i need, and quickly finish them.
    -Battery life

Dont get me wrong, the Atrix is a great phone, but I found myself trying to make the phone work the way my blackberry did.

Overall, I really noticed how much thought went into every way you can adjust a setting on a blackberry.

I will be going back to my 9800 soon. I really dont want to make this a droid vs bb thread, just sharing my thoughts.
    02-24-11 01:05 PM
    check out "quick profiles" for the alerts and such.
    02-24-11 01:10 PM
    I was all set to get the Atrix and leave BlackBerry, but I spent so much time trying to research how I was going to set up the Atrix to mimic functions and features I'm partial to on the BlackBerry, that I finally realized that I wasn't ready to leave yet, and I purchased a Torch instead.
    02-24-11 01:16 PM
    And this is your mistake. If you want to make it work like your Blackberry, then why leave your Blackberry in the first place?
    Just taking a look on the other side of the fence.
    02-24-11 01:20 PM
    I found myself trying to make the phone work the way my blackberry did.
    This is exactly what I did when I got my Android phone as well. There is nothing wrong with trying to set up a new platform to something your familiar with..this helps ease the transition as well as give a familiarity about it. Obviously with two very different platforms..there is going to be some adjusting. For me personally..it took me about 2 full days to get my Android set up to how I was accustomed with my Torch. Of course..certain things like the email and whatnot were never quite the same..but other things were better. Don't get me wrong..my emails come in a very timely matter still with my HTC..but the ease with wich Blackberry makes it for responding, attaching, forwarding etc makes it second to none imo.

The real benefit of setting up a new phone the way your BB was, is of course, the added features such as web browsing, screen size, hardware etc. Now whenever I go back onto my Torch..I try to set it up like my Android lol..and really notice the difference in resolution, speed, etc. Once the new BB's get released..they are going to definately close the gap in some of the area's they are lacking..which are going to make them that much more attractive to those who strayed but aren't convinced.
    Last edited by Rickroller; 02-24-11 at 01:30 PM.
    Machzy likes this.
    02-24-11 01:23 PM
    Got the Atrix a few days ago, and I am missing my 9800.

So far this is how i see it:...
    Had more or less the exact same experience with the Captivate. Kept ending up wanting to use my 9800 for things other than gaming (which I don't really like doing on my phone).

Even though the browser was better on the Captivate due to the cpu, I liked using it less due to the browser features of the 9800.
    02-24-11 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD