I recently got a Torch and couldn't be happier with it. That being said, I watched the ILWID video on it, and was astounded with the quality. I wanted to transfer some youtube videos to my torch, and I ran into a problem.

I have tried multiple youtube downloaders, and downloaded the HD videos. When I transfer them to the Torch these are my results.

.flv = doesnt work.
    .3gp = works, horrible quality video AND sound.
    .mp4= works, NO video, Great sound.

I have heard that mp4 works, but the video never works for me. I just want to watch videos in the same quality as ILWID.

is there some kind of special converter I need?
    04-23-11 01:11 PM
    What are you using to dowload/convert? What settings are you using for the target vid?

I've used keepvid a few times and saved as "High Quality - 480�360: MP4, copied to my SD card and they played fine.
    fountg likes this.
    04-23-11 02:51 PM
    I have tried multiple programs. I will give that a try, when you say they played fine though what do you mean? the .3p videos play fine in my opnion, but they are clearly steps below the ILWID video.

EDIT: just tried keepvid, and the quality was definetly 10x better than what i previously had. thanks.
    Last edited by fountg; 04-23-11 at 03:15 PM.
    04-23-11 02:56 PM
    Its all in the conversion program. I personally like Xillisoft Video Converter Ultimate. Been using that for a couple years for BB conversions and it works flawlessly.
    04-23-11 05:53 PM
    You can download youtube videos in HD directly to your torch here.

Vuclip web video search

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-11 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD