Hi, a short time ago I traded my new Captivate for a Torch, I got the Captivate as an upgrade to my previous 8310.

After having a BB for 4 years I couldn't get used to the touchscreen and battery strength of the Captivate.

The one thing I did like on the Captivate was when browsing the screen would reformat itself no matter how large you zoomed in. I found this great as opposed to moving the screen around with your finger.

Is there a setting I am missing on my Torch to enable it to do the same?

Other than that I love my Torch.
    01-19-11 05:52 PM
    I could be wrong but I think you can only make it reformat text areas to fit the screen by double clicking when you want to zoom in.
    Did it remormat the whole site or just the text you were reading on the captivate?
    If the whole site, then I think Opera Mini (or Mobile, I forget which) does that. Anyway, yeah double tapping for me will reformat that text so I don't have to scroll side by side. Oh, and in my experience Operra is very buggy on the torch.
    01-19-11 06:08 PM
    Are you crazy? The Torch sucks like all other BB phones, and the short battery life of Androids is a myth perpetuated by those ignorant BB cheerleader fanbois. Or so I've been told.

As for auto-formatting zoomed text in the broewser, double-tap in the text area.

And yes, I also love this underpowered, obsolete POS phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 06:25 PM
    It would resize the text to fit the screen.

It didn't matter how large I made the text as I sometimes need to do as my eyes are not what they used to be.

I have tried double tapping the screen on the Torch and it does resize which i didn't know about and is a great help but if I wanted to zoom the text really large it doesn't seem to be able to resize to fit the screen.
    01-19-11 06:26 PM
    Have you tried increasing the font size in Browser Options?

01-19-11 06:36 PM
    Have you tried increasing the font size in Browser Options?

Wow, I never though of that what a dummy I am. That did the trick.

Thanks
    01-19-11 07:13 PM
    Well welcome back, Kerry. I switched from a Torch to a Captivate to a Torch to a Focus and finally back to a Torch. It's the price we pay for being spoiled by real keyboard..
    dopestar likes this.
    01-19-11 08:31 PM
    I second the real keyboard bit. I tried a Captivate and just couldn't swing it. OP: you do know you can pinch to zoom in/out on the screen right? Glad to see ya back in the BB fold
    01-20-11 07:56 AM
    I second the real keyboard bit. I tried a Captivate and just couldn't swing it. OP: you do know you can pinch to zoom in/out on the screen right? Glad to see ya back in the BB fold
    Thanks glad to be back, yes i did know the pinch and zoom but didn't know about the double tap.
    All seems good now.
    01-20-11 04:49 PM
    Are you crazy? The Torch sucks like all other BB phones, and the short battery life of Androids is a myth perpetuated by those ignorant BB cheerleader fanbois. Or so I've been told.

As for auto-formatting zoomed text in the broewser, double-tap in the text area.

And yes, I also love this underpowered, obsolete POS phone.

Battery life isn't great when comparing any Android phone to a Blackberry. There are so many technological advances but batteries haven't changed much in the past few years. High res screens and processors are cutting edge but the batteries we use are not keeping up or reduced to have a smaller lighter phone. Rim does a great job providing an os that can be heavily used without the need of a high end processor. I love my pos captivate and switched from my torch to it but do miss the battery life.

Last edited by Thanontos; 01-20-11 at 05:59 PM.
    01-20-11 05:57 PM
    Battery management on Androids is just horrible. My wifes backflip burns through battery nearly as fast as my Captivate, and its most definitely not a powerhouse. Even my iPhones were better.

I do love the screen on my Captivate. But BB has my business line again and will until they quit making such reliable hardware.

01-20-11 06:03 PM
    Stock androids are horrible. I get decent battery life now on my captivate running a custom rom and the new kernel with lagfix. But the move for me was not business but more for entertainment. I still have my torch and still fire it up every now and again when I go on long trips where I am not near an outlet for charging.

01-20-11 06:08 PM
    I'm running Cognition 3.01 on mine.
    01-20-11 06:38 PM
    I had cognition for the longest and have been running Firefly 1.5. But switched out to use DG firebird 2 kernel with kp1 modem. Gps isn't great but battery is good

01-20-11 08:14 PM
    I have gotten absolutely FED up with my Captivate, poor call quality (running Cognition or Serendipity at any given time.) Poor functionality all around, Android is a great platform, but I actually PREFER the lack of features on a Blackberry sometimes. It must be too much for a 1 gHz processor to handle so many things at one time and still function at a speed that keeps the PHONE part of it working well seems to be something for 2012, but we're not quite there yet. Seriously considering trading my Captivate (mint condition ;0) ) for a Torch or 9780...maybe even a 9700 with some cash on top...I begged my wife practically for a big touchscreen (i have a very very boring job) phone and she let me get it on my birthday, and I've been happy with it...for the games and watching movies...but the PHONE part, the part I really care about, SUCKS!
    04-10-11 08:22 AM
    Man...

You should've waited until the summer, when Torch 2 and Bold Touch comes out...
    04-10-11 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD