Hey guys,

I've got an iphone 4. Love it, but miss bbm. Would you think it is a good trade if i traded the Iphone 4 for a blackberry torch. Let me know. thanks!

Mike
    11-17-10 06:35 PM
    I trade mine for a torch and im very happy with it

Now it up to you.
    11-17-10 06:54 PM
    I wouldn't trade straight across. The resell value of the iPhone is higher... See if you can get some cash thrown in the deal.
    11-17-10 06:57 PM
    Thanks Sallenthornton,

Do you think the value of the blackberry torch will go down? I'm wondering if i should just wait and sell the Iphone 4 outright.

Mike
    11-17-10 06:58 PM
    Kinda doubt it anytime soon, they just had a price drop recently for the holiday season.
    11-17-10 07:03 PM
    Never mind dollars & cents ... what do you primarily use the phone for? If it's a lot of fun and games, fast browsing, and you require hi-res video, it may not be worth giving up the iPhone just for BBM. On the other hand, if you do mostly messaging and emailing with a smattering of the other stuff, definitely go with the Torch.

I have an iPod touch, and even though it has all the capabilities of an iPhone 3G without the phone, all I use it for is iTunes. I also messed with my wife's iP3Gs before replacing my Bold 9000, and even with the slick interface and hi-res display, I just couldn't see myself living without a BB. My Torch now gets used increasingly frequently every day for more stuff than I ever thought I'd use a phone for. I love the form factor, and the display, performance, battery life and selection of apps is enough to keep me satisfied and busy on it for hours a day.

Just do it.
    11-17-10 07:33 PM
    You wouldn't be getting equal value in that deal. You'd come out better selling the iPhone and buying the Torch outright.
    11-17-10 07:49 PM
    Thanks guys,

I've thought about it long and hard. I think having a blackberry makes me more productive. The iphone although fun, is sometimes hard to use and tiresome.

I'm only worried about one thing. The lag that the torch might have. I played with the demo and it seem unbearable at times compared to the Iphone 4. I'm not trying to stir up iphone 4 debate or anything but i'm having a tough time trying to compare the two phones value and if it worth it.

But thanks everyone for your thoughts and opinions.
    11-17-10 11:48 PM
    Thanks guys,

I've thought about it long and hard. I think having a blackberry makes me more productive. The iphone although fun, is sometimes hard to use and tiresome.

I'm only worried about one thing. The lag that the torch might have. I played with the demo and it seem unbearable at times compared to the Iphone 4. I'm not trying to stir up iphone 4 debate or anything but i'm having a tough time trying to compare the two phones value and if it worth it.

But thanks everyone for your thoughts and opinions.
    i had the same problem with the retail demo but why it have so much lag it is because lots of ppl use it and the sales person dosent do update to the lates OS. trust me i had the same problem and same question trade or not to trade and i did it and now im super happy
    11-18-10 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD