i dropped some tea on my Torch on the New Year Eve, it was working ok after that. Then few hours later, i found that the trackpad not working anymore. i tried everything, even reflashed the OS(.337).
    Please any suggestion?
    Thanks
    01-03-11 10:12 AM
    I'm going to gather a guess here, but your keyboard is next to go along with the side keys. It's a sign of being wet, there is no fix for it other then to replace the trackpad if that's all that ends up being affected. If your lucky and there is no other sign of being wet,(IE the wetness stickers on the phone and battery) then take it in for a replacement, and certainly don't tell them you got it wet.
    01-03-11 10:14 AM
    I'm going to gather a guess here, but your keyboard is next to go along with the side keys. It's a sign of being wet, there is no fix for it other then to replace the trackpad if that's all that ends up being affected. If your lucky and there is no other sign of being wet,(IE the wetness stickers on the phone and battery) then take it in for a replacement, and certainly don't tell them you got it wet.
    Thanks for your help.
    yes, it was wet on top of the keyboard when i dropped the tea cup. everything work right after that, but the trackpad stops working awhile after that.
    i bought my Torch on ebay (att) & i'm with Rogers in Canada, i don't know if i can take it in for a replacement. i guess not
    01-03-11 10:23 AM
    If you have service with rogers and they sell the torch(which i believe they do), it doesn't matter where you bought it from. At the very least they will give you a refurbished model. Which in all honesty is better then a non working device.
    01-03-11 10:25 AM
    After your device get wet, you must pull the battery out asap and wait at least one day and need to use also hair-dryer..
    But all of above, you are late...sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 10:29 AM
    thanks for good info. i'll try with rogers
    01-03-11 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD