i was moving from my bold 9000 to torch and i should say that I love my torch very much EXCEPT one thing. the trackpad doesn't seem to respond very well even with highest sensitivity. sometimes it is pretty smooth but other times it is just pretty laggy. since i havent used 9700 or any blackberry with trackpad before, i can't really compare the trackpads difference. trackball is still the best for me. anyway, has anyone noticed this issue as well? i can't really return my torch since i bought it from ebay and use it in Australia. hopefully it is just an OS bug and will be fixed soon.
    Last edited by 24_se7en; 09-06-10 at 12:54 AM.
    09-06-10 12:15 AM
    your right. i found the same thing going from my 8520 to the torch. it just seems idk... slow or something. I really think all these latencies are from the OS and NOT from hardware.
    09-06-10 12:26 AM
    unfortunately i think that this is a hardware issue. We got three Torch's on our account - two of which are perfectly fine in this regard and extremely responsive (pretty much perfect like the 9700's trackpad). The third one has had this EXACT trouble - sometimes it works great, other times I have to move my thumb across the trackpad a LOT to get the cursor to go a small distance.

Not sure if it's a coincidence, but of the 3 we got, the one with the trackpad issue also has the most noticeable "screen wobble" or whatever, so the two issues may be related. It was noticeable right out of the box, just during the initial setup of the phone. It could have been damaged in shipping? Ours were shipped from directly from AT&T Premier... but either way - this "defective" one is getting exchanged at a corporate at&t store tomorrow!
    09-06-10 09:06 PM
    update:

i think after i installed OS 6.0.0.214 this morning, the trackpad is responding quite well and the lag is gone now. anyone experiencing trackpad problems might want to try installing OS 6.0.0.214.
    09-07-10 05:28 AM
    Has anyone bothered setting their sensativity?
    09-07-10 08:12 AM
    For me it's a moisture problem - it's real humid here in Miami...if my thumb is totally dry the trackpad is perfect and very responsive - any little bit of moisture on my thumb and it's terrible. It just feels like I can't run my thumb across the trackpad easily because the moisture makes it feel a little sticky or something - and I think that causes issues with the sensor.

EDIT: Since I had no basis of how a trackpad -should- work, coming from a 9000, I did not realize that my issues were not normal. It is normal for the moisture to make it harder to swipe with the trackpad, but it should still work fine - mine was not. I ended up swapping my Torch for a new one at AT&T and it's much better! That's the only minor defect mine had and my new one seems perfect.
    Last edited by jeffreii; 09-14-10 at 11:55 AM.
    09-07-10 10:18 AM
    I have played with the trackpad sensitivity settings and that fixed it for me, mine was really slow scrolling horizontaly so I just changed that. I would try that before anything else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD