Spending so much to get this torch makes me worry when something like the trackpad doesn't work right. Left to right is awesome, up down stinks unless I put a cloth over my finger. I have tried different OS's and the same thing. I love this device but think I should return it given it costed over $600 in Canada. When spending that much you think it would be problem free.

I see others have the same issues, I just can't be bothered to get another one and hope it will have no issues.

thoughts?
    02-02-11 09:08 AM
    Have you tried playing with the settings in options? I don't find my trackpad not working well at all.
    02-02-11 09:13 AM
    I have to agree with you there. It is the one thing that I hate about the Torch. The track pad is just not responsive like the 9700 or the Curve's (We have all 3 in the family). I try to not even use it I feel its that bad.

From what I can tell I think for the vertical usage what happens is that your thumb brushes the touch screen, thus negating the track pad.

If this isn't the case please someone tell me so I can get a new unit that it would actually work on.
    02-02-11 09:30 AM
    The Torch has a sub standard trackpad compared to the Bold series. One of the reasons I returned it and got a 9780
    02-02-11 09:33 AM
    Try the setting mine work fine y

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 09:39 AM
    What sensitivity setting do you have yours at?
    02-02-11 10:58 AM
    I have my horizontal and vertical sensitivity at 70. No problems with trackpad.
    02-02-11 01:18 PM
    The Torch has a sub standard trackpad compared to the Bold series. One of the reasons I returned it and got a 9780
    Trackpad on my Torch works just as well as the trackpad on my Bold 9700 did.

02-02-11 02:21 PM
    I compare with the 9780, no different.

Matrix Leader, I know you hate the torch, but it's getting boring seeing you trying to show us that we will hate the torch as much as you ;p Doesn't mean you had problem that we will too. And I have the 9780 in front of me, doesn't impress me at all.
    02-02-11 02:31 PM
    So like, if the Torch's trackpad is inferior to the 9780, I just have to ask... does the 9780 respond to thoughts or brain waves or what? 'Cos the one on my Torch would if it were any more responsive than it is. Just wondering.

02-02-11 06:34 PM
    For a long time I actually preferred my old trackball (gasp!). I've gotten used to it and like it even better after I enabled the audible roll. Nice subtle sound to reinforce the action.
    02-02-11 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD