When I made a mistake concerning un-installing and re-installing Pocket Informant on my Torch, I noticed that I some settings were still in effect.
    This begs the question: "When un-installing any software, are there traces left behind"?
    Please tell me that that is not the case, and I am imagining things!
    04-26-11 09:25 PM
    After you accidentally uninstalled the app, did you restart your BB? Because of the way memory works on the BlackBerry, an app is not fully deleted until the device is restarted. If you didn't, then essentially you reinstalled the app on top of the "deleted" copy.
    04-26-11 11:29 PM
    I noticed the exact same thing, with PI and fixmo tools. I went into advanced applications and deleted it again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 11:54 PM
    This is due to the persistent store of the device. Many applications store information there and this information will not be deleted by performing any battery pull. The only way to remove these entries is to perform a full wipe or clean re-install of the OS, but these entries can also be re-introduced to the device if you restore from a previously utilized backup.

This may not be a good comparison, but it's sorta like the theme settings on the device. You can delete an application and perform as many battery pulls as you want, but upon re-install, the application icon will "remember" where it was placed last. These theme settings can be cleared with a wipe (icons all out of place from your personal settings), but if you restore theme settings from a previous backup the device will still "remember" where you placed them at that time.

HTH
    04-27-11 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD