When someone gets hold of this handset, or if they already know, will this phone have the stupid clicky touch screen like the storm series or does it have a conventional touch like other devices, eg, htc apple etc?

Sam
    06-07-10 09:27 AM
    Regular touchscreen like the iPhones. Extremely responsive to be honest with you. Also, with multi-touch capability.
    06-07-10 10:05 AM
    i hope its strong unlike the iphone where u drop it once and POW there goes the screen
    06-07-10 04:06 PM
    why all the hate for surepress. Surepress is awesome for typing purposes, i am a ton more reliable in my typing then people i know with a nexus one or iphone etc. I would be willing to bet most of the surepress haters have never even tried it. I can type faster on my storm2 then i could on my Tour or curve 8330 or curve 8900. That said this phone has a keyboard so surepress is not necessary. Also verizon has an exclusive on the surepress technology in the US.
    06-08-10 10:50 AM
    Do they really? I didn't know carriers can do that...

Either way, I love SurePress too, but as long as there's a full keyboard for serious texting, I'll live without it. On the plus side, typing virtually will be a lot more quiet. There should be an actual vibrate motor in this model as well. The vibrate on my Storm2 is awful (very loud, but not very strong).
    06-08-10 02:34 PM
    will this phone have the stupid clicky touch screen like the storm series
    I'd get it in a heartbeat if it did. But alas, it's just another touch screen that I have no hopes of ever using with any kind of real efficiency.

So I'm holding out for the Storm 3.
    06-09-10 02:01 AM
    I'd get it in a heartbeat if it did. But alas, it's just another touch screen that I have no hopes of ever using with any kind of real efficiency.

So I'm holding out for the Storm 3.
    I hear you. I hate using touchscreens without SurePress, but at least you can bypass the touchscreen entirely with the trackpad and physical keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD